Location, Interactive Content, and Relevant Information Make the Difference
Hotel guests are familiar with digital signage. It can be found nearly everywhere. If you are an operator, you probably have at least one display in your lobby. Digital signage is a good way to provide property and regional information to guests; it can even be a profit center. But, do you wonder if it is doing its job? Here are three tips on how to improve your digital signage and add value to your property’s guest experience.
1. Placement is important – do guests see your message? If you want your digital signage to be effective, whether it provides property information and promotions, regional events and maps, or wayfinding, put it in a high traffic area. Placing it near the front desk where guests will see it when they check-in is ideal. Likewise, near elevators where there is a captive audience or near a concierge station or information desk. Take a day to watch the lobby guest traffic flow. This will tell you the best place to display your content.
2. Invite interaction that engages guests with your message Guests want to customize their world. That means creating signage information so they can do their own wayfinding and discover adventures specifically for their taste. Touchscreens are perfect for this. They draw guests in and let them interact with the display to obtain only the information that is important to them. A well-designed display is easy to understand so guests can quickly find what they need. The display’s format and colors should complement the property’s interior design and conform to brand standards to create a harmonious experience.
3. Display information content that adds value to a guest’s stay Relevant, updated signage content drives guest engagement. If you take time to develop interesting, timely information that is relevant to your guests’ activities it will enrich their experience and add value to their stay. Plus, when guests are fully engaged they are open to more information including property promotions and local advertising.
Optimized digital signage is a win-win for guests and the property Guests engage with digital signage content that speaks to their interests and anticipates their desire for information on local attractions, wayfinding, travel options, and property promotions. An engaged guest who gets value from the property’s display often acts on their sense of wellbeing and gratitude by acting on property outlet marketing and promotions. This creates a win-win where guests and the hotel each benefit.
Flyte Systems® digital signage provides cost-effective property promotions, local events and flight information Flyte Systems’ suite of products that serve the traveling public includes:
- InfoBoard is an interactive touch screen that saves labor, provides greater guest service, and generates revenue with flight information and much more.
- EventDisplay professionally formats your meeting & events schedule on custom branded digital displays. Flight information and wayfinding can also be included for the convenience of your traveling guests.
- AmenityBoard lets hotels boost revenue by displaying and promoting onsite amenities anywhere.
- FlyteBoard displays live flight information for one or more airports. It can be customized with Doppler radar, local traffic, and guest messaging to create an all-in-one travel dashboard. Flyte Board can be wall, floor, or ceiling-mounted and is ideally suited for passenger terminals, lobbies, restaurants, airport parking, convention centers and other off airport venues.
- FlytePass combines real-time flights with free, secure boarding pass printing. It is available for both iMac & Windows computers and can be neatly packaged within a kiosk with options to match your décor.
- FlyteChannel lets guests view live airport flight information comfortably from their in-room television.
- EventChannel shows property events and specials on the guest’s TV.
- FlytePad is a mobile-ready service that delivers real-time airline information via the iPad.
Many hotels and resorts also use Flyte Systems’ applications to increase revenue with innovative marketing approaches for distressed travelers. For tips on how to generate revenue by providing guests with Flyte Systems airline information, please log on to the Flyte Systems website at www.flytesystems.com.