October event volume increased 12.8 percent compared with last year
ARLINGTON, Va. — Nov. 8, 2023 — Knowland, the world’s leading provider of data-as-a-service insights on meetings and events for hospitality, reports Nashville experienced strong growth for meetings and events since last year at 31.5 percent. Las Vegas came in second with 20.3 percent year-over-year growth. Overall, U.S. industry growth of meetings and events increased by 12.8 percent. This data is sourced from Knowland’s sales intelligence platform designed to help hoteliers build and protect a hotel’s revenue base.
Nashville was the hot spot for conventions and meetings, bolstered by Healthcare and Financial/Banking as its top industry drivers. Music City’s average attendance was 103, and the average meeting space used was 2,762 sq. feet.
• Year-over-year comparison – October 2023 event volume increased 12.8 percent over October 2022.
• Top five markets (by event percentage growth) – Nashville led the top 25 U.S. markets with Healthcare meetings, followed by Financial/Banking industry events. The following four markets: Las Vegas, Oahu Island, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Los Angeles/Long Beach rounded out the top five growth markets. Below is additional insight into the top drivers for these markets.
• Nashville: Healthcare, Financial/Banking, Consulting, Technology, and Insurance.
• Las Vegas: Technology, Healthcare, Training/Education, Travel, and Charity/Non-Profit.
• Oahu: Travel, Transportation, Charity/Non-Profit, Training/Education, and Pharmaceutical/Biotech.
• Minneapolis: Manufacturing, Charity/Non-Profit, Financial/Banking, Healthcare, and Training/Education.
• Los Angeles-Long Beach: Charity/Non-Profit, Training/Education, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Travel.
• Top markets outside the top 25 (by event percentage growth) – The top overall U.S. markets by year-over-year growth in meetings and events were Fort Myers, FL; Lexington, KY; Delaware; West Palm Beach-Boca Raton, FL; and Harrisburg, PA.
About the Data: This data is provided to help hoteliers still building momentum gain insight into the top locations selected by today’s meeting planners. This information about the leading industry drivers provides a clear picture of those groups that are returning to the meeting and event space. Insights presented are a result of the analysis of meetings and events data acquired through Knowland data collection and aggregation methods, including field reporting and automated methods of customer and non-customer data collection in primary, secondary, and tertiary markets, as well as its large historical database.