Company recognized for adding immense value for hoteliers by helping them compete in the digital age; This is the 5th technology award presented to Beekeeper in the last eight months for its operational communication platform
San Francisco, Jan. 17, 2019 — Beekeeper is on a roll! This week the company earned its fifth hotel technology award as a “2019 Top Rated Operations Product” by HotelTechReport for its Employee Engagement app that helps hotel teams “save time, improve efficiencies and collaborate better.” Winners were selected from more than 180 of the top technology products around the world. The HotelTechAwards are the industry's only data driven awards platform with winners determined not by a handful of judges but by a global community comprised from thousands of verified hotel technology users across more than 120 countries.
Over the last eight months, Beekeeper has become widely recognized and earned hospitality’s top technology honors for its operational communication platform that digitizes the non-desk workforce by connecting operational systems and communication channels within one secure, intuitive interface. The platform was named “Most Innovative Technology of 2018” by Hospitality Technology Next Generation (HTNG); voted “People’s Choice” at HITEC® Houston 2018 as part of the Entrepreneur 20X Competition hosted by Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals (HFTP); and earned the “Most Innovative Hotel Technology” 2018 designation during the Tech Pitch at HX: The Hotel Experience. It was also named the 59th Fastest Growing Company in 2018 by SaaS 1000. Last week, HotelTechReport named Beekeeper among the “Top 10 Best Places to Work in Hotel Tech 2019.”
“The accolades keep on coming and we couldn’t be prouder,” said Connie Rheams, Beekeeper Vice President, Hospitality. “Being a HotelTechAwards recipient and being chosen the best Staff Learning & Communication Software in the Operations Technology category is especially gratifying because our ranking was based on verified client feedback. HotelTechReport took the time to poll our customers and ask them how they use Beekeeper and why they rely on us to connect colleagues across locations and departments in real time via mobile or desktop devices. Their responses were unscripted and impactful.”
Here’s what just a few reviewers had to say about Beekeeper and its employee engagement capabilities. To read the full list of assessments, click here:
- “Beekeeper gives us the ability to effectively communicate with our employees. This is a great feature since 70 percent of our employees do not have a work email address. We live in a society of constant communication and instant gratification, and Beekeeper puts us in the position as an employer to meet and exceed these two needs. All in all, Beekeeper is a vital part of our employee engagement and success our of organization!”
- [Beekeeper gives us] the ability to have sight throughout multiple levels of the organization at multiple properties throughout the country and share inspiration, ideas and teamwork. It has been an amazing tool to elevate our company culture.”
- “Recently our neighboring town of Paradise, Calif., lost over 14,000 homes in the most destructive fire in our nation’s history. We had 29 employees lose everything. Cell towers were down, creating many rumors, but our staff used Beekeeper to effectively communicate and direct all effected to the proper agencies and lines of support we were providing.”
- “My favorite thing about Beekeeper is the ability to keep open communication between different departments that I don't often see, and employees on other shifts. It helps keep me up to date on what's going on business wide! I also enjoy the fact that Beekeeper allows my employees to be able to contact me anywhere I am if there is an issue that arises.”
- “[Beekeeper is] functional and user friendly. All employees can stay informed with the [happenings] around the hotel and easily adapt to using the mobile app or desktop version. As the model is like social media, the staff enjoy staying engaged.”
"Today's labor market is extremely competitive, and hotels must now retain talent from gig economy jobs that provide unlimited flexibility to workers,” said Jordan Hollander, CEO of HotelTechReport. “Beekeeper clients consistently write on HotelTechReport about the product's ability to increase employee engagement and communication while building a better culture on property. Beekeeper gives on property staff a way to stay connected during the busy workday which makes for a more engaged and better- informed team."