Charleston's French Quarter Inn is the #1 Hotel in the U.S.; Tulemar Bungalows & Villas in Costa Rica is World's Top Overall
NEEDHAM, Mass., Jan. 23, 2019 — TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site, today announced the winners of its Travelers' Choice® awards for Hotels. Travelers' Choice award winners were determined based on the millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travelers worldwide. In the 17th year of the awards, TripAdvisor has recognized 7,812 properties in 94 countries and eight regions worldwide in the categories of Top Hotels Overall, Luxury, Bargain, Small, Best Service, B&Bs and Inns, Romance, Family and All-Inclusive. The hallmarks of Travelers' Choice hotels winners are remarkable quality, service and value.
"We congratulate the properties around the world recognized as the best hotels, which receive our highest honor – Travelers' Choice Hotel awards," said Desirée Fish, vice president of global communications for TripAdvisor. "Travelers can consider these award winners when picking the perfect hotel for their needs – for any budget or trip type – to help inspire their travels in 2019."
"This accolade is an incredible honor and we thank our guests for sharing their experiences with the TripAdvisor community. Winning this award is made possible by each member of the French Quarter Inn hotel team, as our staff is truly dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and fostering genuine relationships with everyone who walks through the hotel's doors. We take great pride in delivering on our commitment to creating a 'home away from home' environment, and we love seeing guests come back to stay with us because of this," said Carlo Carroccia, Dual General Manager of French Quarter Inn and The Spectator Hotel.
In the U.S., California and Florida both have the greatest number of hotel awards with 22, South Carolina had 14 properties recognized and Massachusetts featured 12 award winners. Globally, the United States has the greatest number of hotel winners with 165, Italy had 164 properties recognized and Spain featured 163 award winners.
For the complete list of Travelers' Choice award-winning hotels for 2019 across all nine categories, including the top hotels around the world, visit: www.TripAdvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels.
The Top Hotels in the U.S. for 2019:
1. French Quarter Inn – Charleston, South Carolina (also ranked #6 Top Overall in the World; #12 Best Service in the U.S.) TripAdvisor average annual price of $463 per night. A traveler favorite, this historic hotel just off Market Street makes its guests truly feel at home. According to a recent TripAdvisor review, the location is perfect. "You are literally in the middle of the best shopping, the best eating and the best sightseeing Charleston has to offer. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Rooms are perfect. Milk, port and cookies at night; wine and cheese in the evening; and an amazing breakfast spread (including mimosas) in the morning."
2. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort – Nantucket, Massachusetts (also ranked #24 Top Overall in the World; #13 Best Service in the U.S.) TripAdvisor average annual price of $787 per night. Just a short walk to restaurants and shopping, this newly restored hotel boasts ocean and harbor views, ideal for beachgoers. One TripAdvisor reviewer noted, "This hotel exceeded my expectations from the start. I knew it would be beautiful, but it was pristine, pure Nantucket, warm and inviting. The staff were attentive without being pushy and everyone treated us as if we were guests in their home. The rooms are spacious and bright."
3. The Spectator Hotel – Charleston, South Carolina (also ranked #5 Best Service in the U.S.) TripAdvisor average annual price of $467 per night. Located in Charleston's historic district, this hotel blends Southern Charm with Jazz Age exuberance. One TripAdvisor reviewer wrote, "We were so impressed with all the details of this hotel… from the welcome cocktail at check in to a butler helping us (pressing some shirts) to free minibar to champagne to the perfect toiletries. And my favorite, the brunch basket they bring to your room."
4. The Inn at Lost Creek – Mountain Village, Colorado (also ranked #1 Best Service in the U.S.; #24 Best Service in the World) TripAdvisor average annual price of $403 per night. Home to one of Telluride's best restaurants, ski-in/ski-out access and the Telluride Golf Club, this hotel delivers personalized service to its active guests. A recent TripAdvisor review said, "Our entire stay was incredible. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and to be proactive in anticipating your wants and needs. The location is ideal and the scenery can't be beat. We enjoyed the breakfast each day and I especially enjoyed the cookies in the lobby every afternoon."
5. Hotel Jackson – Jackson Hole, Wyoming (also ranked #8 Best Service in the U.S.) TripAdvisor average annual price of $587 per night. The family-owned and run Hotel Jackson is as authentic as it is stylish, celebrating its Western heritage mixed with modern luxury. One TripAdvisor review said, "Hotel Jackson goes above and beyond to take care of their guests. The property is beautiful, comfortable and a great location. The staff was extraordinary, and the level of service was exceptional. The food at Figs is delicious. They made wonderful recommendations of things to do. I really cannot express how perfect this place is."
6. Williamsburg Inn – Williamsburg, Virginia (also ranked #5 Top Luxury in the U.S.) TripAdvisor average annual price of $490 per night. Ideal for history buffs who want to experience Colonial Williamsburg and learn about the Revolutionary War, this hotel stays true to its Regency style with stunning outdoor spaces and themed suites, made popular by its famous guests, including Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Winston Churchill and the Rockefellers. According to a TripAdvisor reviewer, "Great restaurant, bar, spa, beautiful furnishings throughout. Quiet rooms, luxurious baths. The staff, though, is really remarkable."
7. Trump International Hotel Washington D.C. – Washington, D.C. (also ranked #4 Top Luxury in the U.S.) TripAdvisor average annual price of $594 per night. Previously Washington's historic Old Post Office, this luxurious downtown hotel features a restaurant, bar/lounge, walkway museum, spa and 263 uniquely designed rooms and suites. "Everyone on staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for walkers – we went to Capitol Hill, the Mall, White House, Newseum. The shuttle will take you anywhere within 3 miles. The room was beautiful and very relaxing. Would definitely make this my go-to place in the city," noted a recent TripAdvisor review.
8. Hotel Emma – San Antonio, Texas TripAdvisor average annual price of $486 per night. With views of the famous River Walk, the historical ambiance of this hotel offers a handsome bar and clubroom, a grand library, a restaurant, spa and comfortable yet unconventional South Texas luxury and geniality. A recent TripAdvisor review said, "The decor is carefully curated to present a bygone era – that of a 19th-century brew house. The rooms are nice with a quaint air of old-world charm! I found the place quite unconventional and yet very apt for a modern day luxury stay!"
9. The Peninsula Chicago – Chicago, Illinois (also ranked #1 Top Luxury in the U.S.; #25 Top Luxury in the World) TripAdvisor average annual price of $627 per night. This Windy City hotel blends traditional Asian service and Midwestern hospitality with rooms that overlook Michigan Avenue. "Everyone in the hotel was extremely helpful. The location is very central and it was easy to walk everywhere. We dined at two of the hotel restaurants and the food was excellent. Because of the comfort of the rooms and amenities, we truly enjoyed staying in Chicago and would not hesitate to stay here again," reviewed a TripAdvisor traveler.
10. Sonnenalp – Vail, Colorado (also ranked #2 for Top Luxury in the U.S.) TripAdvisor average annual price of $555 per night. At this family-run hotel in the heart of Vail Village, travelers can experience the best of the Rocky Mountains, plus shopping, dining and warm European hospitality. "This hotel is a truly wonderful experience. Everyone is pleasant and welcoming. The attention to detail and customer service is spot on. Turndown service involves yummy cookies every night, always a plus! The spa is top notch, too."
2019 Travelers' Choice Hotel Winners by Category:
Methodology Average nightly hotel rates for all award categories except Best Bargain based on prices available on TripAdvisor from January – December 2018. Average nightly hotel rates for Best Bargain award winners based on prices available on TripAdvisor from June 2017 – June 2018.