PERRYVILLE, Maryland – (June 30, 2023) – Maryland governor Wes Moore and Baltimore-born actor/producer/podcaster Anna Faris joined Great Wolf Resorts Chief Executive Officer, John Murphy, this morning for the official grand opening of Great Wolf Lodge Maryland. The new lodge in Perryville, Maryland marks the 20thresort in North America for the family entertainment and indoor water park resort brand, and its largest, with 700 family-friendly suites and an expansive 128,000 square-foot indoor water park featuring 22 slides for every age and thrill level.
“Great Wolf Lodge Maryland was built specifically for families and brings a new level of immersive entertainment not only to our brand, but to the entire the region. Since we broke ground, we’ve had unprecedented levels of excitement from families throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, who are eager to enjoy a close, convenient and carefree family getaway at our newest resort,” shared Murphy. “We’re excited to be a part of this community and help stimulate the local economy by attracting countless new visitors to the area and creating over a thousand new jobs. We greatly appreciate the support of the town of Perryville, Cecil County and the state of Maryland, as well as our shareholders, Blackstone and Centerbridge Partners, in helping to make this resort a reality.”
Great Wolf Lodge Maryland represents an investment of more than $250 million by Great Wolf Lodge’s shareholders, Blackstone and Centerbridge Partners, and has already generated more than 1,000 full and part-time direct jobs at the resort. The resort is also helping spur tourism to the state of Maryland, with more than 50% of current bookings coming from neighboring states and cities like Philadelphia, Wilmington, Washington DC and New York City.
“Today, we are not just opening an indoor water park resort – but we are creating jobs in our communities, and making Maryland a destination for families all across the state, country, and world,” said Maryland Governor Wes Moore. “We are going to make sure that Great Wolf Lodge Maryland is the number one Great Wolf Resort location in the nation.”
Rob Harper, Head of Blackstone Real Estate Asset Management Americas, said: “We’re excited to bring Great Wolf Lodge to another location in North America, this time in Perryville, Maryland. This is our largest Great Wolf Lodge to date and we achieved a record level of pre-bookings for the resort. We know the joy that these resorts bring to families, and we are proud of the many jobs they create for communities across the country.”
The grand opening festivities also featured a number of charitable moments, such as Great Wolf Lodge challenging actor/producer/podcaster Anna Faris to test ride the water-slides as a fundraiser for Make-A-Wish. Faris conquered all 22 slides at the indoor water park, resulting in a $22,000 donation to Make-A-Wish. Additionally, celebrity chef, Duff Goldman showcased new limited-edition Adventure Cakes to benefit The Believe In Tomorrow Children’s House at Johns Hopkins, which will be available at the resort over its first summer, with 100% of the revenue generated going to the Maryland-based organization serving critically ill children from across the U.S.
“It’s not often that you get to ride water-slides, help a great cause and be a part of a historic grand opening event all in the same day,” said Faris. “As a working mom, I value spending quality time with my family, and my husband, son and I had the best time playing in the water park and exploring everything Great Wolf Lodge has to offer.”
“We are a water-slide loving family, so we’ve been riding slides almost non-stop since we got here,” shared Goldman. “This resort is a great addition to the state of Maryland, and we’re excited to bring a taste of Charm City Cakes to the families who visit, while also helping support Children’s House at Johns Hopkins. It’s been so fun collaborating with the Great Wolf on these Adventure Cakes, and I hope the guests of the resort love them, as much as we loved making them.
The year-round family resort destination features attractions and amenities for all ages, including some experiences completely NEW to Great Wolf Resorts. Some of the highlights include:
- A 128,000-square-foot indoor waterpark, heated to a comfortable 84 degrees and featuring a variety of body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools, and splash areas for every member of the family and level of thrill seeker.
o NEW! High Paw Holler and Forest Flume body slides. High Paw Holler mimics the sensation felt racing down a ski slope, with constant excitement and anticipation for the next turn or drop. Forest Flume sends riders through open flumes into back-to-back turns, twisty curves, 360 loops, and into quick acceleration drops and high-banking loops.
- A 57,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Great Wolf Adventure Park. Here, families can scale a multi-level ropes course, play a round of miniature golf or step into the fantasy world of MagiQuest – Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live-action adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to assist pixies and battle dragons and goblins.
- NEW! Every evening just before bedtime, families can gather in the Grand Lobby of Great Wolf Lodge Maryland for a multi-sensory immersive storytelling experience. During The Legend of Luna show, the lobby magically transforms, using projection technology and special effects to tell an enchanting fable about a young wolf who longs to find her place in the world.
- A collection of complimentary family events and activities including Yoga Tails, a program that combines tales of the Northwoods creatures with yoga poses, themed arts and craft projects, and Great Wolf Lodge’s signature nightly dance parties.
- Several dining options that will appeal to a variety of culinary styles ranging from pizza and burgers, to the full-service, elevated dining experience at Barnwood, to the premium ice cream and confectionary treats at Wood’s End Creamery and breakfast delights at Dunkin’.
- 700 family-friendly suites featuring a new, contemporary design and available in a variety of categories and styles including themed suite which feature a separate sleeping quarters for kids complete with bunk beds and Great Wolf Kids character theming. The resort also offers a collection of multiple bedroom suites that can sleep up to 13 people for large families or multi-generational groups.
An overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge Maryland includes two days of indoor water park fun – with access to the water park starting after 1pm on check-in day. Standard rates start at $199.99 per night.
To celebrate the official grand opening, Great Wolf Lodge is offering a special discount of up to 50 percent off standard rates for stays through April 30, 2024. Guests must use promo code GRAND and reserve their suite before July 7, 2023 to qualify for the offer.* Guests can get more information or book a stay by visiting greatwolf.com or by calling 1-888-983-WOLF (9653).