FORT WORTH, Texas – March 22, 2021 – Hotel Drover, an Autograph Collection hotel, opens today in the heart of the Fort Worth Stockyards’ National Historic District. The hotel will serve as the anchor to award-winning Mule Alley, an entertainment destination transformed from beautifully restored 100-year-old horse and mule barns. Hotel Drover joins Autograph Collection’s diverse and dynamic portfolio of 200+ hotels around the world that are independent, one-of-a-kind, and champion values of vision, design, and craft.
Nestled alongside Marine Creek, Hotel Drover embodies the same spirit and core values of honor and dignity exemplified by the Texas drovers and cattlemen and women of their time. Hotel Drover offers guests endless opportunities to indulge in the historic destination, from Texas-inspired cuisine, daily cattle drives on Exchange Avenue, the newly opened John Wayne Museum to rodeo shows and live music from local and national talent. A basecamp for travel enthusiasts of all kinds, Hotel Drover pays homage to the past through a modern lens.
“We’re proud to open our doors at Hotel Drover and connect our guests to the rich history of the pioneering west through captivating offerings, art, entertainment, personalized service and cuisine,” says Vice President and General Manager Kristin Assad. “Every inch of this hotel was carefully curated with our community in mind so guests may enjoy a legendary experience that is deeply rooted in Texas.”
DESIGN + ACCOMMODATIONS
Hotel Drover is an urban ranch oasis, embodying a rustic-luxe design throughout. Around every corner, the spirit of the West comes to life through intentional and eye-catching touchpoints, including the signature neon Cowboy installation by Austin’s famed Neon Jungle, historic fountains, and a life size “Drover” hybrid metal sculpture by world renowned artist John Lopez. Global and local artists alike are showcased in public spaces and guest rooms, as are custom furnishings from Texas artisans such as Hotel Drover-branded leather check-in booths, a two-story lobby library filled with Texas-inspired books, bespoke antler and blackened steel chandeliers, and cowhide lounge chairs. Hotel Drover brings 200 luxurious guest rooms and spa suites representing a collection of distinct room designs like Texana, Frontier and Republic, each with their own decor, style and spirit. Each guest’s stay will offer a new Drover-inspired experience as no two guest rooms are alike. Standouts include the The Bunkhouse rooms with playful but luxurious bunk suites featuring a king bed with a double overhead bunk for flexible sleeping arrangements, and custom designed rooms from Texas-based Lucchese Custom Collection and King Ranch. The Presidential Suite showcases an indoor and outdoor fireplace, and 26 suites have oversized bronze soaking tubs, fireplaces and expansive terraces.
97 West Kitchen & Bar at Fort Worth Stockyards is the hotel’s signature eatery led by Executive Chef Grant Morgan. Featuring a menu of contemporary Texas fare, elevated ranch classics, and reimagined Southern comfort foods, menu highlights include sweet tea marinated fried green tomatoes, wood-grilled ribeye cap steak salad, New York strip chicken-fried steak, and cast-iron seared redfish. 97 West features custom hand-crafted furniture and art, authentic repurposed wood floors, and an open kitchen. The space boasts three private dining rooms, an indoor Chef’s Table adjacent to the open-air kitchen, and an outdoor Chef’s Table situated underneath a pergola alongside lush landscaping and overlooking Marine Creek. 97 West’s beverage program is innovative in design with creative cocktails from local distillers, an all-American wine list, and iced and frosted beer taps featuring domestic and local brews. Guests can also enjoy pre-dinner cocktails and music in 97 West’s charming courtyard, a relaxing space featuring decadent lighting, lush greenery and a fountain centerpiece.
Additionally, the Veranda Bar offers outdoor seating for cocktails from 97 West Kitchen & Bar while overlooking Marine Creek or, guests can relax in the Lobby Bar anchored by a 30-foot-tall limestone fireplace with its chic, western-glam vibe and intimate seating for late-night libations and inventive fare.
THE BACKYARD AND HOTEL PROGRAMMING
The cornerstone of the hotel will be The Backyard. The half-acre outdoor oasis situated along Marine Creek is surrounded by hand-selected towering oak, magnolia, cypress and crepe myrtle trees from farms throughout East Texas contrasted with classic Texas cacti. The Backyard features a beautiful ranch-style heated pool and jacuzzi, three private cabanas outfitted with hanging daybeds and custom chandeliers, fire pits, casual creekside bar seating, and yard games. Live music from the outdoor stage, The Backyard Unplugged, will create a sought-after social scene for guests and locals alike.
Additional signature programming includes:
- Custom Luggage Tags: Hotel Drover offers guests a signature moment that further enhances the guest experience while honoring the past and celebrating the legacy of the Drovers. Guests are provided the opportunity to make their own mark with the help of the hotel’s blacksmith by branding a personalized initial into a leather luggage tag keepsake, using the same technique Drovers used to mark livestock.
- Lil Ropers: Families staying at Hotel Drover have the opportunity to surprise and delight their kiddos through the property’s Lil Ropers programming. Upon arrival, families will find a Drover-branded mini step stool and kid-sized Hotel Drover robes in-room (complimentary use during stay, and also available for purchase). To kick it up a notch, the hotel also offers a plush stuffed horse and a mini Hotel Drover wild rag bandana for purchase for children to take home as a keepsake.
- Happy Tails: Hotel Drover understands that pets are family, too. Four-legged friends who book the Happy Tails pet package receive a custom Pendleton dog bed (available for purchase), water and food bowl, branded pet bandana and leather leash as well as a goody bag filled with dog treats.
- Two, one-of-a-kind lobby boutiques. Lucchese Custom Collection: the gold standard in handcrafted boots since 1883, Lucchese will now have two locations inside Fort Worth Stockyards, one on the corner of E. Exchange and Mule Alley and one in the lobby of Hotel Drover. A monument to fine craftsmanship, this will be the first Lucchese Custom Collection boutique in existence, offering bespoke men and women’s boots, clothing and other fine accessories. Little White Lies: A beautiful, hand-curated artisan shop with a decidedly feminine flare. This charming boutique features apothecary, jewelry, accessories and one-of-a-kind vintage items, all in pale shades and beautiful hues that reflect the store’s intriguing name and match its ethereal, interior ambience.
- On-site fitness center complete with state-of-the-art equipment including Peloton bikes and MIRROR.
MEETINGS + WEDDINGS
Hotel Drover is equipped with nearly 40,000 square feet of versatile indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. Groups can choose from five unique venues including The Barn, Legacy Hall, The Drover Boardroom, Vaquero Room and Ranchero Room. The Barn, a standout space, is an elegant 4,000-square-foot versatile venue that welcomes vaulted ceilings, four stunning custom Italian crystal chandeliers that contrast beautifully with exposed 150-year-old reclaimed timber, a unique built-in bar, hand-placed Texas stone, and abundant natural lighting. The Barn has a lushly landscaped 2,500-square-foot outdoor lawn that overlooks Marine Creek and offers a custom clear tent to be utilized year-round.
COMMITMENT TO CLEAN
As an Autograph Collection hotel, Hotel Drover upholds the Marriott Commitment to Clean policy, which was created in partnership with leading experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations. Hotel Drover and 97 West ensure proper physical distancing with spaced tables, seating, and signage throughout the hotel and reduced capacities in all areas to ensure plenty of space to social distance. There is daily deep cleaning of high-touch areas including the lobby, front desk, fitness center, and kitchen; and masks are worn by all hotel employees.
For more information, please visit www.hoteldrover.com or call (817) 420-6014. Follow @hoteldrover on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. For more information about Autograph Collection Hotels please visit www.autographhotels.com.