Unique Welsh Resort Selects Global Service Operations Leader
Washington DC, June 2021 – Knowcross, a respected innovator in service optimization solutions for hotels and resorts, is happy to announce that Bluestone National Park Resort has installed its service management software. The resort consists of 344 studios, cottages, and lodges on 500 scenic acres in Pembrokeshire, Wales.
“We were looking to enhance the operations of the resort, so we searched for a management software that could integrate with our Opera PMS,” said Eirian Price, Acting IT Implementations Manager. “While many industry colleagues had recommended Knowcross, what made it stand out from its competition was the clear automation-driven efficiency of each of its modules.”
Sian Straczek, Head of Accommodation Services, added “With KNOW Housekeeping, we have taken a huge leap forward. I oversee 17 different housekeeping areas on a resort that is quite spread out. I can now see what is happening everywhere at once. I can see who is finishing their rooms and when, and have been able to optimize staff assignments accordingly.”
“While the maintenance team had previously been using a home-grown ticketing system,” said Andrew Charlton, Head of Facilities, “KNOW Maintenance gives us a real asset management system and a task system that provides rich asset data, so our team is prepared well before arriving at the job.”
“With Knowcross, we can now see an overall, umbrella picture of all the open and closed jobs,” said Gemma Burton, Guest Service Manager. “Delivering the highest levels of guest satisfaction is – and has always been – our utmost priority. KNOW Glitch enables us to address and resolve guest issues while they are on the resort and identify trends that help us understand where we need to focus any improvement efforts. The detailed reporting has given us the data we need to review our checklists and enhance our overall service levels.”
The Bluestone National Park Resort has implemented five Knowcross modules:
- KNOW Housekeeping – Streamlines daily housekeeping activities help hotels reap double-digit improvements in staff productivity and higher guest satisfaction.
- KNOW Service – Automates the handling of guest requests, complaints, and maintenance jobs to ensure high staff productivity.
- KNOW Glitch – Captures, tracks, investigates and satisfactorily resolve services issues that inconvenience guests while guests are still in the hotel, thus significantly reducing guest dissatisfaction.
- KNOW Inspection – Allows staff to conduct all inspections from a smartphone and automatically mail completed inspections to management.
- KNOW Maintenance – Automate, schedule, and monitor all preventive maintenance activities and thus ensure superior guest satisfaction, minimized malfunction accidents and maximized equipment lifetimes.
“The Bluestone National Park Resort engagement has been particularly satisfying,” said Paritosh Kumar, Managing Director UK & Europe at Knowcross, “The property is physically unique and thus has unique requirements. We were able to provide a configuration that has delivered the automation that has helped drive operational efficiency and a better guest experience.”