U.S. outbound totaled 79.8 million so far in 2017, up 10 percent for the year
Strong Growth to Europe, Mexico, Oceania and Africa; Solid Growth to Other Regions
November 2017/2016 Comparisons
U.S. travel to all international regions totaled 6.5 million in November, up 13 percent.
U.S. travel to overseas markets (1) totaled 2.7 million, up nine percent in November and up 10 percent for the year (35.1 million). Regional results for the month were as follows:
- Europe, 929,000 travelers, up 15 percent
- Caribbean, 567,000 travelers, up four percent
- Asia, 508,000 travelers, up six percent
- Central America, 217,000 travelers, up seven percent
- Middle East, 190,000 travelers, up six percent
- South America, 158,000 travelers, up seven percent
- Oceania, 75,000 travelers, up 12 percent
- Africa, 30,000 travelers, up 17 percent
U.S. travel to ‘other’ North American markets totaled 3.8 million and was up 16 percent compared to November 2016. Travel to Canada and Mexico for the year (44.7 million) was up 10 percent.
- Mexico, 3.1 million travelers, up 18 percent in November. Air travel (733,000) was up nine percent
- Canada, 754,000 travelers, up six percent. Air travel (309,000) up 15 percent
November 2017 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 44 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.·
- Europe, a 19 percent share;
- Caribbean, a 10 percent share;
- Asia, a seven percent share;
- Central America, a three percent share;
- Middle East, a three percent share;
- South America, almost a two percent share;
- Oceania, a one percent share, and
- Africa, almost one percent share
North American markets received 56 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
- U.S. travel to Mexico a 39 percent share; and
- Canada a 17 percent share.
For detailed information and data tables please visit: