New eBook Provides Roadmap for Hoteliers Looking for New PMS Technology
ALPHARETTA, GA. — Nov. 21, 2016 — Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS), a leading global provider of next-generation hospitality software solutions and services, today announced availability of The 2016 Smart Decision Guide™ to Hotel Property Management Systems.
Based on extensive research conducted by Starfleet Research, the eBook reveals that next-generation property management systems are increasingly important not only to streamlining operations and improving efficiency but also to enhancing the guest experience.
According to the research, next-generation solutions provide superior management controls, which help hotels reduce costs and increase profitability. But these systems also provide hoteliers with analytic reporting that enables them to gain deep insights into guest behaviors. These insights, in turn, make it possible to enhance guest service and drive continuous performance improvement.
“The property management system should be viewed as the command center from which all mission-critical decisions are made,” said Jeff Zabin, research director at Starfleet Research. "It should automate all the basic functions, of course, such as housekeeping, room service delivery and maintenance management, as well as the routine tasks like deposits, cancellations and confirmations. But it also should enable hoteliers to track, analyze and optimize the flow of information across every part of the organization. Ultimately, the PMS should drive a higher level of service and help hoteliers raise the level of overall guest satisfaction.”
Key findings of the study include:
- 94% of respondents say that improving guest satisfaction is the biggest benefit one can expect to gain with the right property management system.
- 92% of respondents say that using guest profile information to improve the overall guest experience and increase retention through loyalty and rewards programs is ‘important’ or ‘very important'.
- 96% of respondents say that PMS integration with different technologies to create a ‘command and control center’ with a 360-degree view of operations is ‘important’ or ‘very important’.
- 40% of respondents from large, full-service hotels currently use a property management system to manage five or more functions.
- 27% of hoteliers who have not upgraded their PMS within the past three years indicate they plan to do so in the next 12 months.
"This research emphasizes not only the significance of the property management system in streamlining overall operations but also its importance in enhancing the guest experience,” said Jim Walker, senior vice president of global revenue at Agilysys. “For anyone tasked with sourcing a new PMS, this guide will help them understand everything they need to know about next-generation property management systems and will provide a roadmap for how to select the right one for their business."
Download the free PMS eBook at http://info.agilysys.com/PMS-DecisionMakingGuide.