InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) and Empire Group announce the signing of a new Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant in Hong Kong today, as IHG expands the boutique luxury brand’s presence in Greater China. The signing comes on the heels of the brand’s first opening in Asia in March 2019 – Kimpton Da An in Taipei. With the signing of Kimpton in Hong Kong, the brand now has five hotels in the development pipeline across Greater China, all located in tier one cities and popular travel destinations including Shanghai, Sanya, Nanjing and Beijing.
Jolyon Bulley, Chief Executive Officer, IHG Greater China, said: “Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants is known for inspiring design-led hotels and ridiculously personal, heartfelt service. Guests are increasingly looking for thoughtful service and a personalised hotel experience, and now is the right time for Kimpton to expand its footprint in Greater China. As a global city, Hong Kong attracts visitors seeking to discover the metropolis by virtue of its diverse culture, design and entertainment options, all of which make it an ideal location for another iconic Kimpton hotel. The newly signed hotel, will combine Hong Kong’s modern style with retro elegance, to perfectly reflect the spirit of the Kimpton brand and bring a unique luxury experience to guests.”
Jonathan Kwok, Director of Empire Group, said: “Today is a celebration to introduce the partnership with InterContinental Hotels Group to bring this exciting new brand Kimpton to Hong Kong, which is well established across the US and Europe with an expansive portfolio of more than 60 hotels. To be part of the re-development project of the iconic 50-year-old Mariners’ Club, the new Kimpton hotel in Hong Kong is set to become a city landmark synonymous with luxury and elegance.”
Since the signing of the first Kimpton hotels in Greater China in 2017, the brand has quickly established a pipeline in tier one cities and popular travel destinations. Embedding its distinctive brand culture into the local market, Kimpton plays an important role as IHG continues to enhance its boutique luxury hotel offering in the region to meet the evolving needs of today’s guests and owners.
A glance at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in IHG’s Greater China region:
- Kimpton Da An Hotel, Taipei (opened in March 2019): A freehand brushwork of Taipei’s buzzing street life, a tranquil urban sanctuary creating a new landmark of sophistication in the Eastern District
Kimpton hotels in the pipeline in IHG’s Greater China region include:
- Kimpton Hong Kong: Experience the pure retro atmosphere and modern style of Hong Kong
- Kimpton Shanghai Jing’an: An immersive experience where history meets luxury in the heart of Shanghai
- Kimpton Sanya Haitang Bay: A premium haven for travellers with discerning taste
- Kimpton Nanjing Financial City: The highest Kimpton in the world to be the new city landmark in Nanjing
- Kimpton Beijing Dashilar: Living amidst history and savouring the modern prosperity of Beijing
Over the next few years, the global growth of Kimpton will continue at pace, with the brand set to open in new markets, including Bali (Indonesia), Barcelona (Spain), Bangkok (Thailand), Frankfurt (Germany), Manchester (UK), Paris (France), Rotterdam (The Netherlands), St.George’s (Grenada) and Tokyo (Japan).