KETCHUM, IDAHO (November 30, 2017) — HayMax Hotels, an independent hotel group with properties in Aspen and Sun Valley, today announced the details of its new experiential property, Hotel Ketchum. The $4 million hotel renovation and rebranding project will replace the Clarion Hotel and feature amenities designed to help guests and the local community capture the unique spirit, landscape and experiences of Ketchum, Idaho while also offering sensible, mid-range pricing. Hotel Ketchum is scheduled to open on December 22nd for the 2017/2018 winter season.
”I fell in love with Sun Valley the same way, and for the same reasons, many visitors do – on vacation with my family,” said Michael Brown, a Partner at HayMax Hotels. “Every visitor to Ketchum finds something that they connect with personally; the area never fails to deliver an experience unique to everyone. Whether they’re looking for art, outdoor adventure, theater, a great meal, or just a welcoming, close-knit community, people find it in Ketchum. I knew from day one that this new hotel needed to capture that spirit rather than being just another hotel.”
Since purchasing the hotel and planning for renovation, every detail has been chosen with founders Michael and Aaron Brown’s vision, defining every decision – from the design to the operating philosophy and accompanying marketing and imagery, to the specific colors and textures picked for furniture and art, and the communal spaces and integration of the local community and outdoor activities. To deliver the Sun Valley experience to every visitor, the hotel will feature:
· Relaxed and comfortable community spaces to connect with friends, meet locals and enjoy hotel-sponsored events featuring local artists, fitness and yoga instructors and more.
· A “gear garage” designed to support each visitor’s unique adventure needs, whether they’re looking to borrow snowshoes or a bike, or store their own outdoor gear.
· Fitness center, year-round outdoor heated swimming pool and oversized hot-tub helping guests warm up or cool down.
· Pet-friendly rooms with a percentage of pet fees donated to local animal agencies working to place pets in their new forever homes.
· A modern and innovative, yet relaxed, coffee shop featuring grab-and-go meals and snacks and award-winning coffee from one of the top sustainable roasters in the world, Equator Coffees & Teas. (Coming Fall 2018)
· A vibrant restaurant and bar that will allow the community and visitors to come together to share their latest adventures. (Coming Fall 2018)
· Experiential retail partners hand-chosen for their unique products and services that capture the essence of Sun Valley. (Coming Soon)
The hotel design, brought to life by Studio 11 Design, matched the hotel’s vision with a suggestion of modern mountain flair that incorporates a mix of the natural materials and textures indigenous to the area. Sarah Harris, the Studio 11 lead on the project says, “Boutique hotel magic happens when you combine inspiration from a founder’s vision with the unique community, environment and history of its location in every design detail. The only issue we’ve had is in deciding which aspects of Sun Valley’s rich history best fit the vision, from there everything from colors and textures, to furniture and fixture choices, flowed easily.”
”When we say, ‘Start here. Do anything,’ we mean it,” said General Manager Shannon Allen. “While guests won’t have to leave the hotel to have a great meal, connect with the local community or just hang out, we really want the hotel to be a launching pad for all that Sun Valley has to offer. This is an active lifestyle hotel, and it’s evident in everything we do.”
Ketchum and the Sun Valley resort region draw about 400,000 visitors annually, including a peak season from November through April for world-renowned skiing at Bald Mountain, as well as an equally busy summer full of exceptional outdoor activities, food, culture and events. The area has a strong supply of luxury lodging but has historically missed the mark with individuals and families looking for an authentic experience with mid-market rates. Hotel Ketchum aims to deliver on an affordable experience that says, “you are in Sun Valley” and reminds you at every turn that you’re not staying in a generic, mass-market hotel.
Hotel Ketchum is currently undergoing construction and opens for the 2017/2018 winter season. The hotel has launched a new website, www.hotelketchum.com, where visitors can reserve rooms with room rates as low as $160 for the upcoming ski season. In advance of its grand opening, the hotel is actively recruiting for a variety of roles; more information can be found at www.haymaxhotels.com/careers.