London – January 25, 2024: The Global Revenue Forum is pleased to announce a partnership with Sommet Education to provide enhanced learning programs and educational opportunities at its upcoming events in London, Milan, Stockholm and Lisbon.
Themed “Roadmap to Resilience,” The 30 January Global Revenue Forum will enable attendees to learn new strategies and solutions to help them adjust to today’s evolving market conditions and adapt to the future of hospitality before it arrives.
As part of the partnership, Sommet Education will be onsite to meet with hospitality professionals to help build personal roadmaps for 2024, particularly at a time calling for increased flexibility, agility, and out-of-the-box thinking among hotel leaders. Sommet is the leading worldwide network of Hospitality educational institutions, including the Glion Institute of Higher Education, Les Roches, Ecole Ducasse, Invictus Education, and the Indian School of Hospitality. The company has been actively adapting its curriculum to the changes impacting today’s industry and has developed a wide scope of new program offerings to support hotel operators and leaders across segments and geographies.
Conor Jackson, Associate Director of Postgraduate Admissions at Sommet Education, said: “The Global Revenue Forum is a landmark event this year focused on building resilience throughout the hospitality industry. Our aim is to offer a specialized education in hospitality with a focus on human skills, such as emotional intelligence, which can impact a hotel’s operational success and the guest experience. Our programs are innovating new pathways for hotel leaders to acquire and retain talent while forging new routes for professional development throughout their careers, which matches exactly with the themes, speakers, and educational sessions featured at GRF 2024. We are pleased to have an active role and presence at this year’s conference.
Topics and areas to be covered at GRF 2024 include:
- How can hoteliers cultivate a culture wherein they can continue to thrive despite unstable market conditions?
- How can technology be harnessed to support ongoing business uncertainty?
- What strategies can help hoteliers excel despite the volatile market they continue to operate in?
- What is the role of education and training in preparing hospitality’s future leaders to adapt to the unexpected?
- How can we embrace sustainable practices to support long-term business success?
- How can the successful implementation of change management principles drive organizational transformation and resilience in today’s volatile business landscape?
- How can we manage and nurture commercial teams through ongoing uncertainty?
- What is the role of a diverse and inclusive culture in building robust and stable hotel operations?
- What lessons can hoteliers learn from other industries?
Ally Northfield, founder of Revenue by Design, which co-produces the event, said: “Sommet Education provides best-in-class education to thousands in and around the hospitality industry, and we are honored to partner with them for Global Revenue Forum 2024. Hoteliers have had to adapt to a variety of unexpected shifts in business dynamics and guest expectations over the past three years, and educators such as Sommet have been instrumental in helping operators return to normalcy and even exceed yesterday’s expectations while preparing for future challenges and building strong foundations for individual growth within our industry. We are grateful for Sommet’s partnership and participation.”
Educational sessions and discussions at the Global Revenue Forum will include:
- Is Your Leadership Team Ready?: Sommet Education’s Conor Jackson leads an educational session exploring how targeted education strategies can bridge the skills gaps among hospitality leaders, identifying essential hard and soft skills necessary for achieving operational excellence and fostering a positive organizational culture.
- Road Map to Resilience: A discussion between Joe Pettigrew, chief commercial officer for hotel asset management at Starwood Capital Group, and Klaus Kohlmayr, chief evangelist and chief development officer at IDeaS, the lead sponsor of the event.
- Live Keynote From London: A keynote address, delivered by Greg Land, Global Segment Leader – Accommodation, Lodging, Casino & Cruise for Amazon Web Services, at the start of the event. During the keynote, Land will address more than 1,000 attendees across Europe and more than 300 live in London. Land’s presentation will kick off the event, which includes innovators, industry leaders, and experts on increasing revenue and optimizing guest demand.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion come under the Spotlight: Georgine Muntz, CEO of Visual Matrix, leads a discussion on how the movement toward diversity and equity is helping reshape the hospitality landscape. This process includes bringing new voices forward and helping hoteliers as well as technologists more fully understand and serve key stakeholders – customers, employees, and others – by creating opportunities for collaboration alongside healthy competition.
A full day of rich programming in London, Milan, Stockholm, Lisbon and Germany will include dozens of educational sessions and networking opportunities, with details available at https://www.globalrevenueforum.com/en/.
For more information on attending or sponsoring the Global Revenue Forum, visit www.globalrevenueforum.com.