News for the Hospitality Executive
Parsippany, NJ — January 10, 2012 — If visitors to your website are receiving stale information from random search engines, Google's new "Freshness Update" (which effects how the popular search engine brings up results for searches) may be your hotel's new best friend. Lodging Interactive, an award winning interactive and social media marketing agency exclusively servicing the hospitality industry, is offering five simple strategies that hotels can incorporate into their online marketing plan that will make it easier to obtain or maintain a high Google status. By using these strategies and publishing accurate and entertaining date-stamped material, hotels will increase their Google ranking and be at the top of a user’s search results.
"Just because a hotel updates or makes corrections to its webpage doesn't automatically increase its freshness value," said D.J. Vallauri, Lodging Interactive President and CEO. "Google determines the freshness the first time it crawled the page. The goal of Freshness Update is to deliver the most recent or current information to users when they enter a query. It does this by searching for web pages that are time stamped, which indicates when the information or webpage was created. Sometimes web pages can be time stamped in days or even in minutes. This is crucial for businesses in the hospitality industry that covet the top spots in Google’s search results because it underlines the importance of presenting and maintaining up-to-date information on their websites."
To take advantage of Google's Freshness Update, Lodging Interactive offers the following five strategies to incorporate into an online marketing plan:
1. Publish more press releases. Keep visitors informed of the latest happenings within your hotel. The information in press releases is time sensitive and Google will pick up on this. Coming out with new press releases on a weekly basis is a good idea because each press release will probably lose its “ranking” within a few days. It’s an easy and fast way to get a property name and website out there in the top search results.As hoteliers implement these strategies to improve their property's freshness status, they also need to make sure they are using time-stamps correctly and using the following dating format Google recommends: YYYY-MM-DD, or 2011-12-31. It's also imperative that hoteliers update XML sitemaps regularly every time they publish new information on the website.
2. Create a blog for your website. Display information on a host of different topics that is fun and interesting for people to read. Starting a blog is easy. If you already have a blog, make sure to keep adding entries on a regular basis. Be sure that your blog contains link bait pieces that tie into your content. Not only will you keep your website at the top of Google’s search results, but you’ll keep your regular followers intrigued with new and interesting tidbits of information.
3. Become familiar with popular social media. It's important to use top social media sites such as Facebook, Google +1 and Twitter to market your hotel. The good thing about these social media sites is that your hotel's followers and customers are able to assist you with your “freshness” by adding their own comments or content and promoting your site to others. As long as your business is monitoring outside content, it’s a great way to establish current content every day.
4. Get picked-up by Google News. It can have a huge impact on your ranking in Google.
5. Contact CoMMingle by Lodging Interactive for a free Social Media Marketing Audit. CoMMingle will review each hotel's Internet plan to ensure that social media channels, word of mouth marketing, experiential marketing, reputation and consumer sentiment monitoring and social search engine optimization are being properly managed and maintained.
"Think of your website like a cup of coffee," Vallauri said. "Topping-off your cup (adding new photos only to your webpage) may make it more satisfying (visually appealing), but if the joe isn't fresh (adding proper time stamps/dating formats), you could end up with a bitter taste in your mouth (turning off visitors because your site doesn't appear in top search listings due to old content, thereby sending them to your competition). Remember, adding a little sugar (press releases and blogs) goes a long way (customers will talk you up via Facebook, Twitter, Google +1, and Google News will pick you up). If you're not sure what kind of coffee suits your taste or that of your customers, ask a Barista (CoMMingle).
For more ways to more effectively market your hotel, call Richard Walsh, Lodging Interactive VP of Business Development at (877) 291-4411 or visit www.lodginginteractive.com.
About Lodging Interactive
Lodging Interactive, headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, is an award winning leading provider of Internet Marketing Services to the hospitality, spa and restaurant industries. The company provides a portfolio of effective hotel Internet marketing services to hundreds of hotels, resorts, ownership properties, spas and restaurants. Clients include branded hotels from nearly every major brand as well as prestigious, landmark independent hotels.
Through its CoMMingle Social Media Marketing Agency operating division, the Company offers hospitality focused and fully managed outsourced hotel social media marketing customized solutions.
Lodging Interactive is an award winning interactive marketing agency and has been recognized as a leader by the International Academy of Visual Arts, Interactive Media Awards, Web Marketing Association and Travel Weekly’s Magellan Awards.
Lodging Interactive is a proud supporter of the Hotel Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) and a proud member of the Asian American Hotel Owners Assn. (AAHOA). For more information contact Richard Walsh, Vice President of Business Development at [email protected] or at 877-291-4411. The company’s website is located at www.LodgingInteractive.com
PRpro / Lodging Interactive
Tel: (440) 930-5770
Tel: ( 877) 291-4411 ext. 704
Collect Guest Reviews From Facebook / November 2011
Interactive Wins Travel Weekly's Magellan & W3 Awards For Excellence
/ October 2011
Social Media Engagement Perspective / Richard Walsh / October 2011
Guest Review System For Hospitality - Industry First / October 2011
Interactive To Unveil New Guest Review System / October 2011
Interactive Releases HotelCast2.0 Podcast Archives / September 2011
Value Of Hotel Guest Reviews By Lodging Interactive / August 2011
Interactive Wins Top Honors at 2011 Interactive Media Awards Winning
Multiple Design Awards / June 2011
Interactive Launches Chatter Guard For Restaurant Industry; Chatter
Guard To Provide Service Attribute Scoring With Human Review Process To
Restaurants / June 2011
Interactive Launches Brand Field Marketing Services / May 2011
Interactive Partners With The State of Georgia / May 2011
Interactive Advises: What Does Google+1 Mean For Hotels / April 2011
Interactive Launches Display Remarketing Program / April 2011
Interactive Launches Turn-Key Mobile SMS Text Messaging Services /
Hoteliers - Beware Of Virus Worms Spreading Through Free URL Shortening
Services / January 2011
by Lodging Interactive Introduces Its Social Media Connector Toolbar
for Hotels / January 2011
by Lodging Interactive Rolls Out Facebook Social Media Marketing
Applications for Hotels / January 2011
Social Media Monitoring Tool For Hotels Only $39.95 / November 2010
Interactive Recognized by International Academy of Visual Arts /
Marketing Service Enables Chain Hotels To Create Optimized Customized
Landing Pages For SMERF Markets / October 2010
|Lodging Interactive Captures Multiple Web Site Design Awards From Web Marketing Association / October 2010|
|Lodging Interactive Wins Design Honors at 2010 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards, Winning Multiple Design Awards / September 2010|
|Chatter Guard Social Media Monitor Report - August 2010 - Is Released / September 2010|
|Link2Brand Empowers Branded Hotels To Manage Their Own Marketing Campaigns – No Website Needed / September 2010|
|Guest Satisfaction - July 2010 Chatter Guard Benchmark Report Is Released /August 2010|
|Guest Satisfaction - June 2010 Chatter Guard Benchmark Report Is Released / July 2010|
|CoMMingle Offers Free Social Media Marketing Audit / July 2010|
|Full Service Social Media Marketing Agency For Hospitality Is Launched / June 2010|
|Guest Satisfaction - May 2010 Chatter Guard Benchmark Report Is Released / June 2010|
|A Whole Lot of Like: What Facebook's "Like" Button Can do For Hospitality Brands / May 2010|
|Guest Satisfaction - April 2010 Chatter Guard Benchmark Report Is Released / May 2010|
|Guest Satisfaction - March 2010 Chatter Guard Benchmark Report Is Released / May 2010|
|Lodging Interactive Launches Chatter Guard Lite Social Media Sentiment Monitoring For Hotels / April 2010|
|Guest Satisfaction - February 2010 Chatter Guard Benchmark Report Is Released / March 2010|
|WARNING TO HOTELS... Don't Use Free Link Shortening Services in Your Marketing / March 2010|
|Lodging Interactive Enables ROI tracking of Facebook & Twitter Hotel Bookings / February 2010|
|Measuring Your Hotel's Online Reputation By Service Attributes / February 2010|
|Hotel Social Media Perspective / February 2010|
|Hotels Book More Government Business With Innovative Link2Brand Service / January 2010|
|Guest Satisfaction - December 2009 Chatter Guard Benchmark Report Is Released / January 2010|
|Google Real Time Search Integration & Hotel Social Media Marketing / January 2010|
|Why Your Hotel Should NEVER USE TinyURL to Redirect Links / December 2009|
|Guest Satisfaction - October 2009 Chatter Guard Benchmark Report Is Released / November 2009|
|Lodging Interactive Offers Turn-Key Mobile Websites For Hotels / November 2009|
|How to Handle Google Maps Mixups / October 2009|
|Guest Satisfaction - September 2009 Chatter Guard Benchmark Report Is Released / October 2009|
|Introducing: CoMMingle Social Media Marketing Agency for Hospitality / September 2009|