iRiS Software Systems to Launch New In-app Phone Feature
August 27, 2013 10:00pm
August 28, 2013 - iRiS Software Systems, the award-winning hospitality technology provider, has launched an integrated phone system through their iRiS Valet application.
The iRiS Guest Valet application now supports integration with PABX systems via SIP servers, allowing guests to make internal and external phone calls from within the app- a world first!
"We're all very excited about this new integration, the fact that this is a world first cements our position as the leading innovators in the industry and the Palais Hansen Kempinski is the ideal place to trial it." Said Jason Jefferys, CEO of iRiS Software Systems.
This new integration will be trialled at the Palais Hansen Kempinski in Vienna, often referred to as one of the most technologically advanced hotels in the world.
Stefan Bader, Director of Kempinski's Hotel Technology commented: "I strongly believe that SIP functions on tablets will be used by guests. Knowing that room service is the N° 1 item used on guest room tablets, it is logical that guests will use the SIP function on the tablet instead of the phone."
"Having a SIP client built into iRiS Guest Valet helps leverage the iPad in the guest room and enhances the application to allow for a more direct method of communication for the guest, whilst this won't necessarily replace the phone in the room it will allow the guest to communicate through a single device." Added Jeremy Ward, Kempinski's Senior Vice President of Technology.
A demo of this new feature is now available to download here: http://www.irisapps.com/downloads/app-download-area/.
Tags: iris software,
* iRiS Valet is the award-winning, interactive, multi-lingual guest services app. The iRiS F&B Suite is a world-leading multi-lingual, digital menu, sommelier and bar application.
* More than 200 hotels worldwide currently work with iRiS Valet and/or iRiS F&B.
* Luxury hotel group, Kempinski Hotels has selected iRiS Software as a key guest services technology provider and is installing iRiS applications across its worldwide network.
* iRiS works with other major hotel brands including: Mandarin Oriental, Orient Express, Starwood, Hilton, Accor, Swire, as well as with a number of independents.
* iRiS has representation across every continent with major offices in UK, USA and Asia. Countries with iRiS installations include: USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Mauritius, Switzerland, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Russia, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, India, Kenya, Malta, Turkey, Qatar and Australia.
* iRiS won the 2012 Travolution Technological Innovation Award for its market-leading iRiS Valet application that allows guests to view hotel facilities and book services at the touch of a button.
For further information visit: www.irisapps.com
Contact: Marc Jarvis
iRiS Software Systems Platform Evolves With Launch of Hospitality API Library
iRiS Software Systems Appoints New CEO as Company Continues Its Growth
iRiS Software Systems Announces Microsoft as First Guest Speaker to Take the iRiS Platform at HITEC Toronto
iRiS and Nu-Menu Partner to Bring a Nu Digital-Dining Experience to South African Restaurant Market
Marco Pierre White Restaurants Partners with iRiS Software Systems
iRiS Software Systems Closes £6.5m Series A Funding Round Led by JMI Holdings
iRiS and Travio Partner to Enhance Luxury Guest Experiences in North America
iRiS Chosen by AccorHotels to Deliver a Mobile Guest Experience Solution for Their Global Hotel Network
iRiS Appoints Mark Holzberg as their Chief Global Sales Officer and GM, The Americas
North America Based Project Manager Needed
iRiS Software Systems partners with SmartCon Solutions
HITEC 2015: iRiS Software Systems Unveils Their New Lobby Solution
'9 in 10' Americans Now Demanding Mobile Tech Inside Their Hotels
Blueprint RF Advances Hotel Conference Services Delivery with New IRIS Conference Mgmt Application
New Features from iRiS Enable Hotels to Offer Low-Cost Mobile Check-in and Door Entry
iRiS Software Systems Announces the Appointment of Jeremy Ward as Chief Operations Officer
MICROS Adds iRiS Software Systems to Its MICROS Commerce Platform™
iRiS Delegate app at HOSPACE 2013
Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square – ‘perfect in every way’
Multi-tenanted brand app launched at HITEC 2013 as iRiS takes customer engagement to new level
Please login or register to post a comment.