Shenzhen, China, April 2014-Executives from the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (EI) who are currently traveling in China as part of an extended visit celebrating EI’s 10-year presence in that country, participated in the Sino-American Hospitality Executive Development Forum at the Goodview Hotel Tangxia, Guangdong, on April 25 and 26. The forum was one of several events that are part of the country-wide Greater China 10th Anniversary.
The Sino-American Hospitality Executive Development Forum featured several high-level hospitality professionals and educators, including:
- Ms. Shirley Chen, talent relationship manager, Marriott International, who spoke on “Development of Chinese Executives in International Hotel Brands”
- Mr. Jian Chen, dean of the School of Hotel and Tourism Management, Shunde Polytechnic College, who discussed “Internationalization in Chinese Vocational Education: Practice and Achievement”
- Mr. Simon Zhuang, president, F&F Property Group, who spoke about “Investment in the Next Generation of Hospitality”
- Mr. David Yan, EI master licensee, who discussed EI’s development in Guangdong and ” Hotel Professional Certification and Human Resource Development”
- A panel discussion of “Challenges and Solutions of China Hotel Talent Development”
During their visit, Robert L. Steele III, CHA, president and COO; Brenda L. Vazquez, CMHS, CGSP, senior vice president, marketing; Ed Kastli, CMHS, CGSP, vice president, international sales; and Leon Shi, CHE, EI’s country manager of operations for China; also met with EI’s regional partners representing Shenzhen. In addition, Steele visited a Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA®) certification review session for several hotel executives who then sat for their certification exam.
The next stop on the trip takes the team to Tianjin.