April 15, 2014 - NEW YORK - The 1,985-room New York Hilton Midtown, New York City's largest hotel, announced today the completion of its executive level room refurbishment incorporating 187 guest rooms and 41 suites on floors 39-44 which constitutes the first phase of a complete guest room renovation program planned for the next few years.
"The new room design features an inviting, sleek and contemporary design that will provide our guests with a tranquil oasis in the heart of the hustle and bustle of midtown Manhattan," said Mark Lauer, general manager, New York Hilton Midtown. "The unique relaxed approach to the design will provide our guests with a superior room product complete with innovative flourishes including custom dimmable lighting, oversized televisions, multiple power point options, relaxing lounge opportunities and abundant workspaces. We are looking forward to completing subsequent phases of the overall room renovation over the next few years."
Dallas based interior design firm Looney & Associates developed a distinctive design featuring a sophisticated color palette of soothing blues and greys, creating a welcoming and calming space. Warm neutral accents are introduced throughout the room, such as oil rubbed bronze and natural oak wood to provide depth and richness to this calming color palette. These subtle colors and streamlined design transform the window into the room's artwork by focusing all attention on the views out to Manhattan.
A velvet signature lounge chair paired with refined wool drapery adds a touch of luxury to the guest room design while dimmable lamps designed to resemble glowing orbs produce abundant light and allow guests to control their own ambiance. An oversized, modern clock activates the desk wall and acts as an integral kinetic piece of artwork that keeps movement along with the electric city below.
Thoughtfully simple details create a functional and intuitive room. A cantilevered work surface with maximum floor space and smart placement of power, both at the desk and bedside, allows for effortless guest access. The 55" flat screen TV offers an upgraded media experience and flexible power pucks create mobile electrical outlets throughout the room allowing guests to make the space their own.
The simple bathroom design offers guests a clean and crisp grooming environment. The large illuminated mirror visually enlarges and brightens the room. The light and airy vanity style becomes the focal point of this room while still maintaining its incredible functionality. Built in shelving and stone ledges provide guests with ample counter surface for their own toiletries.
The corridors have also been fully renovated utilizing the same soothing color palette of the guestrooms and orb-inspired white and bronze tear-drop wall sconce fixtures.
"Our goal with this project was to appeal to the international traveler by developing a European design sensibility of sophisticated comfort," said Jim Looney, president, Looney & Associates. "The final product was achieved through the day-to-day partnership with the Hilton Design team in a collaborative design process."
Other capital improvements to the hotel that were recently completed include:
- The implementation of a new cabling infrastructure which supports the WiFi network. Fiber cabling was installed to every floor enabling guests with faster Internet connections. Over 1,200 Wireless Access Points (WAPs) were installed to provide coverage in all guest rooms which supports 802.11 standards. This means that users will have faster connection rates to the hotel's wireless network, excellent signal strength for all types of devices from smartphones to laptops.
- The recent renovation of all lobby level areas including a striking new reception area, a luxurious Executive Lounge, improved lighting design, and the installation of new stone flooring throughout the lobby level.
- The opening of the first Herb N' Kitchen, a new dining concept that infuses fresh, local gourmet food into an upscale restaurant and convenient culinary market with healthy fare options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Locals and travelers can choose restaurant dining at their leisure, meals packaged to take away or in-room delivery for hotel guests.
Additional planned capital improvements include:
- A renovation of the hotel's Grand Ballroom, the city's largest hotel ballroom featuring over 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting and its Foyer and Promenade scheduled to be completed by end of third quarter 2014. Walls will feature softened hues of grays, blues and creams and carpeting will draw upon an abstract art concept of a more traditional sunburst pattern, giving a nod to the host of modern art venues surrounding the hotel. A modern, interlocking crystal ring fixture will serve as the main chandelier that will bring a more contemporary, sculptural element to the ceiling to complement and update the space.
- A refurbishment of the 12,716 sq. ft. Sutton Hall and Nassau ballroom complex is also planned for completion by the end of third quarter 2014. The renovation is inspired by the dynamic midtown location of the hotel where the property serves as a crossroads for many events and meetings for hugely diverse groups. Drawing from the lights and action of the city, the carpet design is an artistic abstraction of movement. The lighting is meant to complement the linear quality of the carpet design through the use of straight, crisply crafted crystals that will be constructed in both circles and squares and hang elegantly, floating above the circulation spaces.
- The guest room refurbishment project will continue for the next few years until the entire guest room inventory is completed by 2016.
The first phase of the new multi-million dollar room refurbishment comes on the heels of the hotel's 50th anniversary which was held last June. Additionally, in 2013, the hotel officially changed its name to New York Hilton Midtown from Hilton New York which focuses on and celebrates the iconic sites and attractions that midtown has to offer including Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), Central Park, Carnegie Hall, Fifth Avenue and St. Patrick's Cathedral, to name just a few.
New York Hilton Midtown is popular with savvy, sophisticated international and domestic travelers. The hotel, which is a short walk from Times Square, Broadway theaters and the renowned Fifth Avenue shopping district, can accommodate large conferences and conventions, smaller meetings and elegant banquets. For more information and details, visit the hotel's website at www.hiltonnewyorkhotel.com or www.facebook.com/NYHiltonMidtown and www.twitter.com/NYHiltonMidtown.
About Looney & Associates
Founded by JIm Looney in 1995, Looney & Associates is an architectural and interior design firm with offices in Dallas and Chicago. Specializing in hospitality design, the company has created impressive concepts for many of the world's most luxurious reosrts and hotels, including work for Blackstone Real Estate Advisors, Omni Hotels & Resorts, RIDA Development, Forest City Development, Jones Lang LaSalle, Deloitte, Global Hyatt Corporation, Hines, Strategic Hotels & Resorts, and Grupo Empresas, Ltd. Notable projects include The Hyatt Regency New Orleans, The Hotel Del Coronado in Coronado, California, and the Omni Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. For more information, visit www.looney-associates.com.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. For 94 years, Hilton Worldwide has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences. The company's portfolio of ten world-class global brands is comprised of more than 4,000 managed, franchised, owned and leased hotels and timeshare properties, with more than 678,000 rooms in 91 countries and territories, including Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®.
Contact: Allison Finazzo - Quinn
[email protected] /
+1 212 868 1900 ext. 262