MALDIVES – November 15, 2021 – The award-winning Conrad Maldives Rangali Island turns the page to write its next chapter after an expansive multi-million dollar refurbishment, revealing plans to debut its Grand Relaunch in February 2022.
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island’s extensive multi-year makeover elevates its signature hospitality with thoughtful experiences and refreshed interiors. The unveiling of the resort-wide revitalized space will resonate with the aspirations of a new era of luxury travellers while providing the perfect setting for loyal guests to craft new memories.
Proudly the first international resort brand to arrive in the Maldives and soon to complete 25 years in time for the grand relaunch in 2022, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island was, and continues to be, a pioneer amongst Maldives’ 150 resorts. Renowned for delivering authentic barefoot luxury and leading the way as the ‘Island of Firsts’, the twin-island property is home to the world’s first undersea restaurant Ithaa, first underwater bedroom set within the two-level residence The MURAKA, and first twin island resort experience in the Maldives, amongst others.
“We are delighted to announce the next chapter of Conrad Maldives Rangali Island and look forward to taking guests through the evolution of this special resort with the launch of newly-designed water villas, refreshed restaurants, new experiences, brand new Teens Club and various other exciting additions. As the ‘Island of Firsts’ we pride ourselves on remaining innovative and offering a level of personalized service unique to our resort. The extensive renovations which began in 2019 demonstrates our commitment to investing in our guest experience which continues to build on our legacy,” said Carla Puverel, General Manager, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.
Marking the final chapter in the extensive multi-year renovation, 2022 will see significant enhancements across the resort including:
Enhanced stay experiences with 50 refreshed Overwater Villas in Rangali Island
Dedicated to couples and honeymooners, water villas in Rangali Island will be transformed into luxurious havens of comfort and style. All villas will be fully revitalized to include stylish new interiors, combining integrated indoor-outdoor living spaces with an uninterrupted view of the Indian Ocean and direct access to a private sun deck. From spacious Sunrise and Sunset Water Villas measuring 86 square meters/925 square feet, oceanfront Premier Water Villas with Pool measuring 152 sq. m/1,636 sq. ft., to the ultimate overwater haven Two Bedroom Rangali Ocean Pavilion with Pool measuring 451sq. m/4,865 sq. ft, this adult only island caters to the evolving needs of every travellers.
Elevated dining experiences with makeovers to three celebrated restaurants and bars
- Atoll Market: The renovation of the popular all-day dining buffet restaurant featuring live cooking stations gives culinary world tour a fresh perspective from breakfast to creative evening cocktails. Guests can choose to dine indoor amidst the interactive show kitchens and powder sand floor or experience the outdoor dining under the swaying palm trees and gentle breeze from this beachfront restaurant.
- Rangali Bar: The chilled-out social hub of the resort recently completed its renovation with contemporary interiors, warm furniture tones and a communal sand-floored bar overlooking the lagoon. The perfect place to get together over lunch, dinner or cocktails.
- Vilu Restaurant at Rangali Island: A long-time favorite for loyal guests, this open-air restaurant located on the edge of the lagoon will soon offer a newly enhanced space.
Expanded and refreshed facilities for guests across all generations
- Furaavaru Club (Teens Club): Introducing a brand-new Teens Club on Rangali-Finolhu Island, the livelier family centric island, will offer engaging experiences for energetic adolescents and an added attraction to families traveling with this age group.
- Majaa Explorer’s Hub: Enhancements to the existing kids club that will welcome our young travellers with a brand new space located next to the new teens club. Both occupying an expansive complex offering exciting new activities.
- Dive Centre: Divers and ocean lovers will enjoy an enhanced Dive Centre, relocated on the water’s edge to enhance guest experience and easier access to diving lessons and excursions.
- Gym at Rangali Island: A brand new and fully equipped gym will be available at the adults only island. A great addition to complement the gym on the main island offering couples and honeymooners their private work out space.
- Over Water Spa at Rangali Island: To invigorate the body, mind and soul, a revamped Overwater Spa caters to all demands, from soulful meditation to absolute therapeutic pampering.
“Conrad Maldives Rangali Island is one of the key resorts in our luxury portfolio across Asia Pacific and a shining example of how we bring to life truly inspired experiences across Conrad Hotels & Resorts. The amount of investment, time and effort put into enhancing every part of the guest experience alone signifies a commitment by the team to deliver even more authentic and purposeful hospitality to travellers from all around the world. We look forward with anticipation to the completion of the refurbishment and I am confident the resort will be top of mind for luxury travellers seeking to embark on a meaningful journey to create new travel memories in one of the most iconic destinations in the world when it unveils in 2022,” said Nils-Arne Schroeder, global brand head, Conrad Hotels & Resorts and vice president, Luxury & Lifestyle, Hilton, Asia-Pacific.
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island’s next chapter brings elevated guests experiences through the enhanced brand new spaces including Majaa Explorers Hub, Furaavaru Teens Club, adults only gym and the luxurious water villas of Rangali Island. Inspired itineraries offer unique experiences to guests like swimming with whale sharks and manta rays, turtle safari, sunset dolphin cruises and coral planting in the house reef with the marine biologist.
The extensive renovations, thoughtful experiences and upgraded culinary offering will bring Conrad Maldives Rangali Island to the top of its game, ensuring it continues to offer authentic barefoot luxury across its twin islands that guests have long enjoyed since the resort landed in the shores of the Maldives.