PARSIPPANY, NJ – February 16, 2022 – Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: WH) today announced results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2021. Highlights include:
- U.S. RevPAR for the quarter exceeded 2019 levels by 9%, growing 58% versus 2020.
- System-wide rooms grew 180 basis points year-over-year, including 70 basis points of growth in the U.S. and 350 basis points of growth internationally.
- Diluted earnings per share for the quarter of $0.52 and net income of $48 million; diluted EPS for the full-year of $2.60 and net income of $244 million.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $0.69 for the quarter and adjusted net income of $64 million; adjusted earnings per share for the full-year of $3.16 and adjusted net income of $297 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $131 million for the quarter and $590 million for the full-year.
- Net cash provided by operating activities for the full-year of $426 million and free cash flow of $389 million.
- Returned over $190 million to shareholders for the full-year through share repurchases and dividends.
“With a 9% U.S. RevPAR increase and another 340 basis points of domestic market-share gains versus 2019 – we were very pleased with our performance this quarter as each month saw stronger growth than the month prior,” said Geoffrey A. Ballotti, president and chief executive officer. “New COVID variants did not impact our domestic, drive-to leisure travel business and consumer demand portends a very busy Spring Break for our franchisees. We enter 2022 with strong occupancy trends in the U.S., our largest ever development pipeline and a multitude of new technology services and marketing programs to enhance our franchisees’ top and bottom lines. In addition, our Board authorized a quarterly dividend of $0.32 per share and increased our share repurchase authorization, which reflects the ongoing strength of the business and our strong free cash flow.”
View full results here.