DALLAS – Sept. 8, 2017 – UniFocus, the Dallas-based provider of the service industry’s most comprehensive workforce management systems and tools, has introduced the next generation of its mobile app. Mobile 2.0 amplifies the benefits of the original mobile version: It streamlines employee-manager communications, empowers employees to manage their schedules from anywhere at any time, enables managers to stay on the floor and focused on customers with real-time alerts, and simplifies approval processes. This new version harnesses the industry-leading functionality of UniFocus LMS and Time & Attendance for managers and employees on the go, while adding an impressive array of new features for faster, more flexible scheduling and attendance tracking/compliance from any location.
Key new features include:
- Improved scheduling. Two new grid-view calendars, My Schedule and Peer Schedules, enable employees to view and drop scheduled shifts and see who else is scheduled for a particular job. From the Open Shifts screen, they can change job selections and request to pick up or drop a shift.
- Urgent shift requests. Managers can still blast urgent pickup requests to employees to fill understaffed shifts but now with an easier selection format.
- Upfront employee alerts. The Employee Alerts screen now appears automatically upon sign-in on the manager’s home screen, providing an instant view of which employees are approaching break, late to clock in or out, in but not scheduled, calling in tardy or absent, clocked in, or coming in soon. Managers can clock out employees, transfer jobs, view projected and completed hours, and can contact the employee directly via email, text, message or phone.
- More time-off request options. Users can now view, edit and cancel time-off requests from the Details screen. Managers can swipe left to quickly approve or deny a request, view an employee’s available paid time off, and approve or deny with comments.
- Availability Changes. Employees can now make changes to availablity with management now being able to authorize using a mobile device.
- Better message management. A new Messages screen enables users to easily view and manage messages from supervisors and colleagues, including a swipe feature to mark messages as read/unread and a floating “compose” button.
- Easier navigation. The Main Menu can now be accessed from any page via the hamburger menu icon (), for easy navigation to other screens.
UniFocus’ Mobile 2.0 will be available at app stores for iOS and Android operating systems, and accessed via web browser.
According to Vincent Hubrich, director of productivity improvement for UniFocus’ client White Lodging Services, “The UniFocus Mobile App Version 2 incorporates a comprehensive redesign focused on the user experience in mind. The functionality of the app incorporating Labor Management and Time & Attendance components make it a must have for an operations team. Our associates are highly engaged with the mobile app, using it to manage their own schedules with the ability to submit time off, engage in shift exchange requests with their peers, and always have their own schedule at hand the minute it is available. UniFocus has committed to continued development of their app to incorporate even more features from LMS to make Labor Management entirely mobile.”
“UniFocus is constantly working to streamline the labor management process,” added UniFocus’ founding partner and CEO Mark Heymann. “Cloud mobility is a crucial part of that, allowing managers to handle staffing issues from the floor and employees to manage their schedules on the go. The release of Mobile 2.0 underscores our commitment to providing our service industry clients with the tools they need to optimize their workforce and return more money to their bottom line.”