TripAdvisor Reveals The Best Hotels Across The Globe With 2017 Travelers' Choice Awards
January 24, 2017 2:33am
Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection in Hungary Named the Top Hotel in the World; Massachusetts' Nantucket Hotel & Resort is #1 in America
Annual Awards Recognize Top Hotels Overall and Top Accommodations in the Categories of Luxury, Bargain, Small, Service, B&Bs and Inns, Romance and Family
NEEDHAM, Mass., Jan. 24, 2017 / -- TripAdvisor®, the travel planning and booking site, today announced the winners of its Travelers' Choice® for Hotels awards. Travelers' Choice award winners were determined based on the millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travelers worldwide. In the 15th year of the awards, TripAdvisor has highlighted the world's top 7,612 properties in 109 countries and eight regions worldwide, in the categories of Top Hotels Overall, Luxury, Bargain, Small, Service, B&Bs and Inns, Romance and Family. The hallmarks of Travelers' Choice hotels winners are remarkable service, value and quality.
"TripAdvisor relies on the experiences and opinions of our travel community to determine the winners of the Travelers' Choice for Hotels," said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. "Travelers planning 2017 trips can find inspiration for some of the best places to book around the world from this diverse group of outstanding accommodations."
"TripAdvisor and the pursuit of 100% guest satisfaction has long been the cornerstone of everything we do at the Library Hotel Collection," said Henry Kallan, president of the group. "Winning the prestigious Travellers' Choice for Hotels for Aria Hotel Budapest makes us all extremely proud. The Aria's design concept blends the passion for music and beautiful architecture that Budapest is known for, and our guests simply love."
The United States featured the most unique hotel winners with 171, Italy had 162 properties recognized and France featured 158 award winners. The average nightly rate of Travelers' Choice award-winning Top Hotels on TripAdvisor is $340; Luxury is $457; Bargain is $84; Small Hotels is $304; Service is $311; B&Bs and Inns is $126; Romance is $317 and Family is $228.
Top 10 Travelers' Choice Hotels in the U.S.:
1. The Nantucket Hotel & Resort – Nantucket, Massachusetts –The Nantucket Hotel & Resort is the island's premier grand and historic hotel, originally built in 1891 and completely renovated in 2012. While the exterior is classic Nantucket, the interior meets the needs of today's travelers, along with resort services. The family-owned hotel has luxurious guest rooms, and travelers can enjoy the beautiful Breeze Restaurant, signature on-site yoga and fitness classes, two heated swimming pools, shuttle transportation and children's activities. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "This is a very special hotel and resort. The service is top-notch, the facilities are wonderful, the staff is amazing – we loved our stay! We feel lucky to have found this gem on the island."
2. The Charmant Hotel – La Crosse, Wisconsin – This 67-room luxury boutique hotel is a renovated candy factory that pays homage to its rich history by celebrating the golden era of candy manufacturing in its offerings, interior design and name. A short 15-minute drive from La Crosse Regional Airport, The Charmant Hotel is convenient to the area's seasonal festivals and activities that guests can explore via La Crosse Segway Tours. A TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "The staff is first-class, the room is fantastic and the food was great. The front desk took care of us and had a cab waiting when we requested it. The hotel is very historic you almost feel like you are back in the 1800's when the building was built."
3. The Oxford Hotel – Bend, Oregon – After exploring the nearby Cascade Mountain Range, travelers are invited to rejuvenate in one of 59 luxurious rooms at the eco-friendly Oxford Hotel. On-site amenities include a Jacuzzi spa, sauna and steam room. Its state-of-the-art fitness facility on the top floor offers breathtaking city views. "We loved this quirky, eco-friendly, luxurious find in Bend. The staff goes well beyond most other hotels to make sure every need is met. The staff is friendly, professional, and extremely helpful with suggestions for food and activities. I highly recommend this heavenly spot," commented a TripAdvisor reviewer.
4. Stephanie Inn – Cannon Beach, Oregon – Named after their daughter Stephanie, the hoteliers opened this popular inn in 1993 to define luxe coastal hospitality. A Northwest icon, this oceanfront property offers comfort, elegance and relaxation on the Oregon Coast. With a full range of spa services, specialty experiences, and the finest local cuisine, travelers can truly retreat on the stunning Cannon Beach. One TripAdvisor reviewer said, "This was my first time at The Stephanie Inn and I was pampered from the moment I stepped onto the property. Such a great place to relax and forget about everything else. The property and the views are spectacular."
5. The Inn at Lost Creek – Mountain Village, Colorado – This luxury boutique inn offers 32 suites, one of Telluride's best restaurants, and a team that delivers highly personalized and quality service. With a prime location in this popular ski resort area, The Inn offers direct access to year-round outdoor activities, including hiking and biking, and taking in the sights on the free Telluride Mountain Village Gondola ride. "Kudos to the staff. From the minute our car pulled up to unload our luggage until the day we sadly left, staff members were exceptionally friendly, personable, helpful, respectful, enthusiastic, and went out of their way to assist us in any way they could. Breakfasts were bountiful and the chefs and staff will happily prepare any dish to meet one's dietary needs."
6. French Quarter Inn – Charleston, South Carolina – Travelers can embrace the southern charm of this boutique hotel located in the historic French Quarter of Charleston with exceptional service and views. The Inn has comforting amenities and a perfect location close to many of the city's famous shops, excellent restaurants and event sites. One TripAdvisor reviewer noted, "The breakfast, afternoon cookies, and wine and cheese hour are unbeatable. When we checked out, we all went through a bit of a small depression – we did not want to leave. Every touch that the inn provides is very nice and first class. From the moment that we checked in until we checked out, we felt very pampered, comfortable, and welcomed."
7. Icona Diamond Beach – Wildwood Crest, New Jersey – Icona overlooks one of New Jersey's only private beaches, Diamond Beach. The hotel boasts luxurious suites, and beach attendants who serve fresh cocktails and delicious bites right on the beach. Amenities include a sundeck, outdoor heated pool and Beach Bar. "The Icona Diamond Beach made our family trip to Cape May memorable. The staff was fabulous! They went out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful stay. The room was perfect for us- plenty of space, beautiful kitchenette, comfortable beds. A must-stay for anyone visiting the Wildwoods/Cape May area," noted a TripAdvisor reviewer.
8. Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa – Jackson, Wyoming –Jackson is filled with Old West saloons and art galleries, incredible outdoor recreation, outstanding restaurants, and world-class skiing and European spas – perfect for travelers who want to savor the full flavors of life. The Rusty Parrot is a family-run 32-room lodge, known for personal attention to guests. One TripAdvisor reviewer commented, "This top-notch luxury boutique hotel in Jackson Hole is within walking distance to town. The lodge is very comfortable and furnished with high-end items that are elegant but still very casual. The entire staff provides personal attention to all guests, which is so welcoming."
9. Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection – Tulsa, Oklahoma –Travelers can enjoy a 55-room luxury boutique hotel in downtown Tulsa, conveniently located near shopping and dining of Cherry Street, Brookside, and Utica Square, as well as the Downtown urban areas of the Brady Art District and Blue Dome Entertainment District. The Ambassador combines the energy of Tulsa with unrivaled hospitality and service tailored to each individual, including luxury shuttle service. "The exterior set the tone immediately and we felt relieved upon arrival. The lobby is gorgeous, warm and cozy, as reception gave us cold bottles of water upon arrival and provided a smooth check-in. Our room was large, immaculately cleaned, cozy, comfortable and well appointed. The bed was luxurious and we slept soundly without a single disturbance," noted one TripAdvisor reviewer.
10. Hotel Emma – San Antonio, Texas – A historic hotel, Hotel Emma was once Pearl's Brewhouse in the 19th century. Now it's an extraordinary riverfront hotel and the flagship for Pearl's culinary and cultural community on the northern edge of downtown San Antonio. Upon check-in, guests are greeted in the Library with a traditional La Babia margarita. "This quirky hotel was rebuilt from the skeleton of the brewery. It is a very modern hotel, but many parts were left untouched to appreciate its architectural origins. Two restaurants, a coffee shop, bar and a gift shop offer amenities and the surrounding Pearl Brewery district offers many opportunities for dining, browsing, shopping or just walking, jogging and hiking," such as visiting The Alamo, noted one TripAdvisor reviewer.
Top 10 Travelers' Choice Hotels in the World:
1. Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection – Budapest, Hungary
2. Mandapa, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve – Ubud, Indonesia
3. Turin Palace Hotel – Turin, Italy
4. Hotel The Serras – Barcelona, Spain
5. BoHo Prague Hotel – Prague, Czech Republic
6. Portrait Firenze – Florence, Italy
7. Shinta Mani Resort – Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
8. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa – Hanoi, Vietnam
9. Tulemar Bungalows & Villas – Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
10. JA Manafaru – Haa Alif Atoll, Maldives
Other Travelers' Choice Hotel Category Winners for 2017:
Top Luxury Hotel
Nayara Springs– Province of Alajuela, Costa Rica
Fairmont Grand Del Mar– San Diego, California
Best Bargain Hotel
Elm Tree Hotel– Wales, UK
The Inn Above Oak Creek– Sedona, Arizona
Top Small Hotel
The Oberoi Vanyavilas– Rajasthan, India
Union Street Inn– Nantucket, Massachusetts
Best Hotel for Service
Lawton Court Hotel– Wales, UK
Hotel California– Palm Springs, California
Best B&B and Inn
Bindon Bottom B&B– West Lulworth, England
The Cedar House Inn– Saint Augustine, Florida
Best Hotel for Romance
The Place Luxury Boutique Villas– Koh Tao, Thailand
Belamere Suites– Perrysburg, Ohio
Best Hotel for Families
Cavallino Bianco Family Spa Grand Hotel– Ortisei, Italy
Floridays Resort Orlando– Orlando, Florida
To see all 7,612 unique winners of the 2017 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice for Hotels, visit: www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels.
travelers' choice awards
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site**, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 435 million reviews and opinions covering 6.8 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors* in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Contact: Elizabeth Monahan
TripAdvisor Names 320 Guest Ranch to Its Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame, Big Sky, Montana
TripAdvisor Reveals the World's Best Hotels With 2018 Travelers' Choice Awards
TripAdvisor Reveals Travelers' Choice Top Trending Travel Destinations for 2018
TripAdvisor and Google Going Opposite Directions?
New York City Ranks #1 as Top U.S. Destination in TripAdvisor's 2017 Travelers' Choice Awards
No Reviews Means Bad Reviews: Optimize on the Power of Guest Reviews for Your Hotel
Hilton Joins TripAdvisor Instant Booking Marketplace
The One Thing You Can Control With TripAdvisor Reviews
5 Ways for Hotels to Counter Growing Pressure from Review Sites, the Sharing Economy and the Expanding Technology Stack
Four Strategies Used by Hotel General Managers to Improve Their Hotel Reviews
TripAdvisor's Sweet 16 in 2016: 10 Facts You May Not Know
TripAdvisor Names World's Most Romantic Hotels with 2016 Travelers' Choice Awards
The Secret to Great TripAdvisor Reviews
How TripAdvisor Took Over the Travel Information Market - a WTM Report
Bamboo Beach Club Rated as the Number One Small Inn on Clearwater Beach by TripAdvisor®
TravelClick Expands Partnership with TripAdvisor
Jetsetter Releases Annual 2015 "Best Of The Best" Hotel Awards
Hotelogix Partners with TripAdvisor to Offer Review Express to Hoteliers
TripConnect Instant Booking Fast Attracting Hotels with SiteMinder
InnLink Demonstrates Leadership in TripAdvisor's TripConnect Premium Partner Program
Please login or register to post a comment.