ATLANTA, GA (DECEMBER 14, 2022) — The Darwin Hotel is now open in Atlanta’s historic Old Fourth Ward, considered by many to be one of the city’s hippest neighborhoods.
The 111-room boutique hotel is breaking all of the rules when it comes to hospitality. According to General Manager, Alfonce McKinney III, “Our goal is to provide guests with a cozy, creative spot designed for those who want a functional place to stay with close proximity to really great local discoveries.” The Darwin is an upper midscale property which channels the essence of reinvention while paying homage to the Old Fourth Ward.
What is notable in an ever-changing city, is that this property offers travelers and locals alike a finely curated collection of Atlanta’s true soul — products from the best local artisans in art, design, woodworking, coffee, food, music, clothing, jewelry, and so much more. Atlanta is showcased as never before so guests can truly experience what the city is all about in an activated and engaged community.
In addition to pet-friendly rooms, the Darwin also offers a variety of specialty themed suites:
- Bar Room – For those who have always wanted to be a bartender or just love to entertain, the Bar Room allows them to do just that and features a custom bar that comes with one deconstructed cocktail to get them started.
- Bunk Bed Room – Consider it the perfect family room, a hang-out room for a group of friends, or for those who just want extra space. This suite has two double twin XL beds plus twin size bunk beds.
- Audiophile Room – Relax and listen to classic vinyl during a stay. The suite features a record player and a cool crate with vinyl records and great sound system.
- Y’allywood Room – The Darwin’s ode to the movie buff with a large TV, surround sound, popcorn machine, and the perfect movie lighting to create a movie theater ambiance in your hotel room.
- Glam Night Out (GNO) Room – Nobody wants to take turns in the bathroom. This is the perfect room for a getaway, bachelor/bachelorette party, or special night out featuring a wall of vanities so everyone can get ready at the same time.
- Library Room – Disconnect from the world and enjoy a peaceful night with a custom library that is perfectly inviting to read or relax.
Hotel amenities include a marketplace with locally made drinks and snacks, local ice cream, and clothing and gifts from local artisans; pour-over coffee service for delivery to the room; bike racks and electric bikes made in Atlanta for rental; a not your average hotel fitness room with a treadmill, Peloton bike, and Rogue fitness unit; and a high-tech conference room able to accommodate up to 10 people. The hotel also has Atlanta’s only dog park for its canine guests.
For food and beverage options, in the morning, the Lounge is stocked with Radio Roasters single-origin coffee (carefully roasted in small batches in their Decatur roasting facility, 7 miles away) and the prettiest — and tastiest — pastries from Alon’s Bakery, baked fresh daily as well as a fresh juice bar. An evening food and beverage program offers a hip craft bar where you can get a quality drink and food from your favorite local chefs. This includes artisanal craft cocktails prepared by true mixologists as well as a tapas-style menu with a revolving local pop-up chef program beginning soon. The property also features a central courtyard that is like a three-season living room for locals and guests alike to hang out.