Dec 27, 2016 10:30 am
By Renie Cavallari
Successful organizations are always a target when it comes to stealing talent. How will you ensure your talent is not just playing ‘All In’ but also wanting to stay, grow and brag about you?
- Do the right thing when no one is looking or listening
- Be a fanatical developer of your people
- Provide continual feedback. Annual reviews are for financial discussions and shouldn’t be the only time people find out how they are doing.
- Hang with your people. Know them. Understand what is motivating them today. Motivations change
- Have open and transparent communication. This is the foundation of trust.
- Find what is right and build on it
- Have a stellar reputation. Pride is a powerful aligner
- Keep people happy even if it seems unfair at times
- Help people see how their work and life contribute to a better world through your organization’s higher purpose
- Have a culture they are proud to be a part of
- Take time for fun. Comradery enhances our connection and connection is a fundamental human need.
- Lead with love and compassion
People will come and go but your imprint on them lasts a lifetime.