AUSTIN, Texas (May 22, 2019) – Today, Omni Hotels & Resorts celebrated the grand reopening of Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa with a ribbon cutting celebration alongside Texas Governor Greg Abbott. Omni Barton Creek underwent an extensive $150 million renovation and expansion that began in November 2017. From its opening 30 years ago to becoming the premier Texas Hill Country destination, today marks a major milestone in the property’s history. The resort entices local and out-of-town visitors to a refined, but relaxed retreat, embodying the spirit of the region.
“Barton Creek is a treasured resort within the Omni brand. This newly transformed destination represents our commitment to reinvesting in our portfolio, allowing us to provide exceptional service to our guests,” said Peter Strebel, president of Omni Hotels & Resorts. “With championship golf, premier spa amenities, elevated cuisine and superb meeting spaces, we are poised to offer our guests experiences that match the beauty of the Texas Hill Country.”
Today’s festivities included remarks from Texas Governor Greg Abbott; Robert Rowling, chairman of TRT Holdings, Inc. (owner Omni Hotels & Resorts); and Barton Creek General Manager Todd Raessler. Following the ribbon cutting ceremony, guests had the opportunity to tour the resort. Guests also enjoyed a tasting menu inspired by restaurants across the property including Bob’s Steak & Chop House, Jim Bob’s Lobby Lounge and Nopales. Additionally, there were performances from Austin-based musicians James Parker, Rodney Overturff and The Zach Carney Duo as well as a cocktail demonstration in Crenshaw’s Bar & Eatery and complimentary hand massages and cleansing hand scrubs at the resort’s signature Mokara Spa.
Taking inspiration from the lush landscape of the Texas Hill Country, the property’s overall design highlights the history and sweeping views of this iconic destination, while providing a true oasis that creates a relaxing haven for all guests. At every opportunity, the design team worked to bring the essence of the outdoors inside and those elements are featured in:
- A new arrival and lobby experience
- 493 freshly-designed guestrooms and suites
- An all-new conference center with a 14,500-square-foot Brazos Ballroom and a redesigned 8,200-square-foot Darrell K Royal Ballroom
- A new 5,500-square-foot outdoor event pavilion
- 23,900-square feet of sweeping event lawns
- Seven new dining outlets offering a wide range of cuisines and atmospheres
- Brand new Mokara Spa with a private adults-only rooftop pool and light cuisine from the Spa Creek Café
- An expansive, multi-tiered poolscape with an infinity edge pool featuring sweeping Texas Hill Country views
- A redesigned tennis complex featuring 10 courts with LED lighting for evening play
- Four newly renovated, championship golf courses that are sure to please golfers of all levels