NextGuest, a leading authority in hotel digital technology and marketing, has been honored with nine Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) Adrian Awards for 2019. These add to the over 500 awards the company has acquired over the years.
Now in its 63rd year, the HSMAI Adrian Awards is among the most prestigious hospitality competitions in the world, celebrating the best of the industry. NextGuest is pleased to receive the following awards:
- Viceroy Hotels & Resorts Instagram Story Ad for Spring Campaign – For many Viceroy properties, the spring and early summer months are need periods. When developing a campaign theme, the team brainstormed messaging that would resonate with the brand’s target audience: the Creative Maverick. To attract this type of traveler, it was important to use messaging that played up the idea of adventure and limitless options. The Instagram Story Ad in the campaign contributed to revenue generation that reflected a 37X ROAS.
- Viceroy Hotels & Resorts Spring Campaign – After a brainstorming session to determine a theme to attract visitors during the need period, the campaign focus was identified and launched. The results of the campaign were successful and drove a high number of bookings while receiving a 41X ROAS.
- Heritage Hotels School Holiday Campaign – School-holiday campaigns were originally created to maximize direct bookings and drive room revenue and occupancy during the brand’s need periods. Heritage Hotels’ custom landing page received 1,872 pageviews while bringing in over 850 bookings.
- InterContinental New York Barclay’s Social Media Generates More Qualified Leads Than Search Engines – The key message of the campaign was that The Barclay was one of the few remaining properties that perfectly blends New York history with fully renovated accommodations in the heart of Manhattan. In 12 months, social media generated 2% of site traffic. Visitors from Facebook spent 64% more time on the site and were 7% less likely to bounce, while visitors from Instagram, an even more visual platform, spent 89% more time on the site and were 22% less likely to bounce.
- Hard Rock Hotels Launches a New Brand Website – A fully responsive website experience was built on the latest web code standards, with multi-property capabilities and custom CRM integration. Among individuals that visited HardRockHotels.com before navigating to a property website and completing a booking, the new website helped generate 98% more revenue year over year.
- Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos (Formerly The Resort at Pedregal) Website Redesign – The luxury independent resort located in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico needed a fully responsive website that would be able to capture the attention of website visitors and convert them into bookers. The site recouped its total investment within the first month, increasing bookings by 22% and revenue by 11%.
- Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos (Formerly The Resort at Pedregal) Anniversary Campaign – the property wanted to celebrate its 10-year anniversary with a campaign that would not only announce the anniversary but increase bookings and revenue. Bookings increased by 20% compared to the same period of the previous year, and site traffic was up by 27%.
- Portola Hotel Saw a 22% Increase in Conversion Rates With Personalization – With the summer approaching, Portola Hotel needed to promote summer stays, to help fill need dates in the summer. Through the website’s personalization capabilities, the hotel was able to push family and advance-purchase offers to the best audiences. Over one month, the hotel saw a 22% increase in year-over-year conversion rates, a 135% increase in average revenue per visitor, and a 9.6% increase in average revenue per booking across all website visits.
- La Fonda on the Plaza Website Redesign – In 2018, La Fonda’s website was three years old and adaptive – meaning that it had different content for different device types rather than being fully responsive. After going through a recent rebrand, the property decided it was time to upgrade its website. Between January and July 2019, unique visitors increased 11.4% year over year, visits increased 12.6%, and bookings initiated increased 172%.
“Each year, it’s an honor to be recognized by HSMAI for pushing the boundaries and leveraging the latest innovations in digital marketing and technology,” said Margaret Mastrogiacomo, EVP of Strategy at NextGuest. “Our teams have collaborated on some great projects over the last year, and it’s thrilling to receive the recognition from our peers in the industry, all while driving success for our hotel partners.”
NextGuest will be honored at the HSMAI Adrian Awards Dinner Reception & Gala on January 21, 2020. This annual black-tie event is attended by nearly 1,000 industry leaders, making it a landmark event in hospitality.