NEW YORK / JUNE 20, 2019 – Sweet dreams are made of this: MCR, the sixth-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States, has acquired the 150-room Courtyard by Marriott Newark Downtown. The pitch-perfect property is just steps from the Prudential Center, one of New Jersey’s premier venues for live music.
The Courtyard by Marriott Newark Downtown made history when it debuted in 2012 as the city’s first new hotel in 40 years — and its prime location will help concertgoers get into the groove this summer. Hang tough with New Kids on the Block (along with fellow 90s sensations Salt-N-Pepa, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson and Naughty by Nature) as the Mixtape Tour hits the Prudential Center on July 2. Get right with “Jenny from the Block” when Jennifer Lopez takes the stage on July 19 or rock and roll all night with Kiss on August 14. Watch the famous “moonman” trophy land in the Garden State on August 26 — the MTV Video Music Awards air live from the Prudential Center. And if you want it “that” way (who doesn’t?) join the Backstreet Boys on September 15.
The Courtyard by Marriott Newark Downtown is located at 858 Broad Street in Newark, just a five-minute drive from Newark Penn Station and a 10-minute drive from Newark Liberty International Airport (the hotel’s free shuttle runs to and from the airport). The hotel also features:
· 150 guestrooms and suites with mini-refrigerators and coffeemakers
· Free fast Wi-Fi
· The Bistro restaurant, serving breakfast, dinner, Starbucks coffee and evening cocktails
· The Market 24-hour snack shop
· A 24-hour fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights
· A 24-hour business center
· More than 4,000 square feet of meeting and event space for up to 100 people
Reserve rooms by phone at 973-848-0700 or online at Marriott.com.