Toronto, Ontario (November 12, 2019) – LHM Canada Inc. broke ground today on a new 120-room Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel in the Toronto Pearson International Airport area. The new hotel will be called, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Toronto Airport South. LHM Canada has had a long history with the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and has developed and managed several other IHG branded hotels over the years.
The hotel is slated to open in the fourth quarter of 2020.
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, is the parent company of the Holiday Inn Express brand. The hotel will be owned by 2530498 Ontario Inc. and managed by LHM Canada Inc., under a license agreement with InterContinental Hotels Group.
MINAZ RAHEMTULLA, Managing Director at LHM Canada Inc. said, “We look forward to partnering with IHG and providing future guests with the unmatched comfort and hospitality that comes with staying at a Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hotel.”
The seven-story Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel will have the following features and amenities:
- All guest rooms will feature the Formula Blue design which provides a fresh, contemporary space with comforts and features that allow guests to be productive during their stay and have a great night’s sleep.
- The hotel will include a fitness centre, indoor pool, business centre, meeting space, on-site parking, market, and of course the brand’s signature complimentary hot breakfast bar.
- The public space will be modern, upbeat, vibrant and welcoming. Special attention was directed to the design of the new hotel which will have a distinct style and feel while ensuring that amenities are accessible and easy to identify.
The property will contain 952 sq. ft. of meeting space.
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Toronto Airport South hotel will feature the brand’s newest design solution which was created to meet the evolving needs of the brand’s target guest: today’s business traveler and active families. The design provides an appealing combination of fresh, energetic and engaging elements and distinctive style that is evident at every touch point of the Holiday Inn Express brand experience.
The new Holiday Inn Express design includes:
- An open, pod-style front desk area that delivers a familiar and expedited check in and out experience;
- Flexible seating in the Great Room, including community tables with built in wired and wireless charging where guest can collaborate with colleagues or relax with friends and family;
- Refreshingly streamlined guestrooms that provide comforts and features that allow guests to be productive during their stay and have a great night’s sleep, including a built-in niche which houses the under-counter refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and extra supplies in one central location that’s away from the guest bed to reduce noise and enhance quality of sleep. Additionally, multiple points of power conveniently located throughout the room and functional storage allow guests choose to live out of their suitcase or unpack with a variety of storage options.
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Toronto Airport South hotel will be located at 25 International Blvd. The hotel will also offer such business conveniences, including meeting rooms and a business center. Additional amenities will include IHG Connect throughout the property and Keurig brewers in every room.
The Holiday Inn Express brand is part of IHG’s diverse family of brands in nearly 100 countries and territories. The scale and diversity of the IHG family of brands means that its hotels can meet guests’ needs whatever the occasion – whether an overnight getaway, a business trip, a family celebration or a once-in-a-lifetime experience.