Anaheim, CA (January 29, 2020) – Orange County’s highly anticipated luxury travel destination, the JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort, announces the appointments of its executive team: Scott Kimmel as Director of Food and Beverage, and Amol Agarwal as Executive Chef. Each bringing unique expertise, the executive team leads the hotel through its grand opening in April 2020.
The JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort, owned by a joint venture between Prospera Hotels, Inc. and O’Connell Hotel Group, is located at the Anaheim GardenWalk, just steps from the Disneyland Resort®, Anaheim Convention Center and all the other attractions of Anaheim including Angels Stadium, home of the Major League Baseball’s Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Honda Center, home of National Hockey League’s Anaheim Mighty Ducks.
The new leadership team brings a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. The executive team includes:
Scott Kimmel | Director of Food and Beverage
Bringing over 16 years of food and beverage experience, Scott Kimmel leads all food and beverage operations, encompassing the JW Marriott signature restaurant, rooftop bar and lounge, market café, lobby bar, and room service. Kimmel held the Director of Event Operations position at the Anaheim Marriott, playing a key role in the hotel’s recognition as one of the top performing ESS hotels in Convention Resort Network Hotel. Additionally, Kimmel was the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at The Ritz Carlton, Half Moon Bay, where he managed a $35 million food and beverage operation.
Amol Agarwal | Executive Chef
Chef Amol Agarwal joins JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort with nearly 23 years of global culinary experience, including positions in India, Maldives, Jamaica, China, and the United States. During his Marriott career, Amol opened The Ritz Carlton, Beijing during the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and was the Executive Chef at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa. Most recently, he held the title of Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage at Hotel Nia, Autograph Collection in Menlo Park, California.
“I’m thrilled to welcome the new executive team to the JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort,” said Nusrat Mirza, General Manager of JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort. “The addition of these established leaders, each with unique expertise, furthers the hotel’s mission to bring forth an entirely new luxury experience to the Anaheim market.”
At the JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort guests will step into a kingdom all their own and find a welcome respite from nearby attractions. Enlightening moments are around every corner, with standout features including:
- 466 lavish guest rooms, including 19 suites with quiet floors
- 15 meeting rooms and 43,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor function spaces
- Grand Ballroom measuring at 13,440 square-feet to engage up to 1,400 guests, as well as expansive pre-function areas with floor-to-ceiling windows
- JW Gardens, an outdoor experience including the Secret Butterfly Garden, where inspiring art installations come to life through innovative augmented reality technology
- Rooftop bar/lounge with amazing views of nightly fireworks and Southern California
- Rejuvenating outdoor swimming pool, complete with cabanas
- Expansive fitness center featuring Peloton Bike’s and state-of-the-art equipment
- Yoga and Zen Room with oversized video screen for digital classes and meditations
- Carefully curated attention to wellbeing with pop-up spa treatments infused throughout the property
The JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort debuts in April 2020, and is taking reservations for May 2020 and beyond at www.JWMarriottAnaheimResort.com. For more information, high-resolution photos, and to schedule an interview or hard-hat tour,contact Haley at [email protected].