IDeaS awards six new scholarships to advance the careers of hotel revenue leaders from around the world
Tweet This: @IDeaS_RevOpt awards six hospitality professionals with prestigious revenue management scholarships in partnership with Cornell University www.ideas.com/news #RevenueScience #TheFutureofRM
MINNEAPOLIS—April 23, 2020—IDeaS, the world’s leading provider of revenue management software and services, today announced the 2020 IDeaS Cornell Revenue Management Scholarship recipients, continuing its ongoing scholarship program to foster professional development in the field of revenue management.
- IDeaS 2020 Cornell Revenue Management Scholarships – Working in partnership with the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration within the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, these scholarships present hospitality professionals with the opportunity to earn online certificates developed by senior Cornell faculty leaders. Global winners include:
- Advanced Hospitality Revenue Management – Jason D’Agostino, revenue manager, Visions Hotels LLC, USA and Ms. Hathairat Naenkwaen, director, OTA Partnerships, ONYX Hospitality Group, Thailand
- Hotel Revenue Management – Ilia Ivanov, front office manager, Anya Premier Hotel Quy Nhon, Vietnam and Mr. Ewan Neveling, sales manager, Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Downtown, Canada
- Data Analytics 360 – Ms. Maria de Fatima Guinea Higueras, revenue management senior analyst, Casa Andina Hotels, Peru and Mr. Derek Taube, revenue manager, Island Hospitality Management, USA
- Shaping the careers of future revenue management leaders – As a member of the advisory board of the Leland C. and Mary M. Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship at Cornell University’s S.C. College of Business Hotel School since 2018, IDeaS’ Dr. Ravi Mehrotra, continues to support and educate future leaders in the field.
Derek Taube, revenue manager, Island Hospitality Management, USA, said: “In this unprecedented time for the hotel and lodging industry, independent hotels and management companies are transforming the way revenue management is conducted. I am grateful to IDeaS for the opportunity to participate in the Data Analytics 360 executive education program through Cornell University. My studies will help provide me with the tools, resources, and knowledge needed in my career and organization at such a critical and pivotal period in the industry.”
Hathairat Naenkwaen, director, OTA Partnerships, ONYX Hospitality Group, Thailand, said: “It is an honor to win the scholarship from Cornell University and IDeaS Revenue Solutions, the global leaders in the field. I am very excited about the program which will add method to my expertise in revenue management. The course will not only allow me to pursue more challenging career opportunities, but also facilitate mentoring a new generation of revenue management and distribution leaders more effectively.”
Dr. Ravi Mehrotra, president, founder & chief scientist, IDeaS, said: “IDeaS’ mission to drive the future of revenue management is predicated on ensuring the brightest minds are given opportunities to lead. I couldn’t be prouder to honor these individuals. Through our work with the hospitality program at Cornell University we continue to bridge the gap between business and academia in order to recognize and promote the next generation of hotel revenue leaders, worldwide.”
For more information on the program or to apply for future scholarships, visit http://ideas.com/about/scholarship/.