IDeaS and Cornell Scholarships help advance careers of next-generation hotel leaders
MINNEAPOLIS – January 22, 2018 – IDeaS Revenue Solutions, a leading provider of revenue management software solutions and advisory services, today announced the 2017 IDeaS Cornell Management Scholarship winners. Offered in partnership with the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration within the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, the scholarship presents hospitality professionals with the opportunity to earn online certificates developed by senior Cornell faculty leaders.
Currently celebrating its ninth year, the scholarship program fosters professional development in the field of revenue management around the world, with this year’s recipients representing seven countries and seven different hotel organizations.
“IDeaS is proud to help these outstanding individuals across the globe strengthen their revenue management and strategic leadership skills,” said Mike Chuma, vice president of product strategy and marketing for IDeaS. “Our partnership with the hospitality program at Cornell University bridges business and academia to help advance the industry at a time of incredible change.”
Winners of the 2017 IDeaS Cornell Scholarship include:
Certificate in Strategic Hospitality Leadership
- Gerald Quadros, Executive Head Chef, The Lensbury Hotel, United Kingdom
- Liana Nel, Executive Housekeeper, Hilton Durban, South Africa
- Fransiska Katrin Widodo, Event Manager, Melia Bali Indonesia, Indonesia
- Maria Lucia Hernandez, Online Marketing Manager, IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts, United States
Certificate in Advanced Hospitality Revenue Management: Pricing and Demand Strategies
- Andrew Ka Chun Lee, Revenue Manager, Oaks Hotel & Resorts, Australia
- Teodora Nuta, Reservations and Revenue Manager, Continental Hotels, Romania
- Mudra Rajaram Joshi, Cluster Revenue Executive – Revenue Analysis and Business Evaluation, Jumeirah Group/Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts, United Arab Emirates
“Revenue management has evolved to such an exciting field requiring strategic knowledge in a digital marketplace, with Cornell University at the forefront of this revolution,” said Andrew Ka Chun Lee, scholarship recipient. “I am very grateful to IDeaS and the University for this opportunity to study at such a prestigious institution, which will take my organization and career to the next level.”
“Winning this scholarship will help me acquire more revenue management knowledge and provide the means to follow my long-term goal of being promoted to Director of Commercial Strategy,” added Teodora Nuta, scholarship recipient. “As a self-taught revenue manager, winning the scholarship is a great opportunity to add structure to the knowledge I’ve acquired over the years, and it is a great honor to study at a world-recognized university.”
For more information on the program or to apply for future scholarships, visit http://ideas.com/about/scholarship/.