CHICAGO (July 1, 2019) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today the opening of Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay, marking the debut of the Hyatt Place brand in Japan. Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, cozy atmosphere and practical amenities such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings.
“We are especially excited about this hotel opening as it marks the debut of the Hyatt Place brand in Japan, as well as the twenty-fourth Hyatt-branded hotel in Asia,” said Sam Sakamura, vice president – Japan and Micronesia. “The first Hyatt-branded property opened in Japan in 1980 and Hyatt has since grown its brand presence to thirteen hotels across seven Hyatt brands in Japan, now including Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay.
The Hyatt Place brand is founded on extensive consumer insights indicating that guests seek stylish, comfortable and seamless experiences that accommodate their lifestyles and routines. Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay offers the brand’s distinctive casual hospitality and purposeful service in a smartly designed, high-tech and contemporary environment.
Located in Urayasu City in Chiba Prefecture, Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay is just 30 minutes by train or car from central Tokyo, offering a resort-like atmosphere with breathtaking views of Tokyo Bay. The hotel is also conveniently located between both of Tokyo’s airports, 21 miles (34 kilometers) from Haneda Airport and 34 miles (55 kilometers) from Narita Airport. The property is also less than 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) from Tokyo Disney Resort®, one of Tokyo’s premier destinations.
With rooms overlooking Tokyo Bay, the 10-story hotel offers 363 spacious guestrooms, including three suites, 2,110 square feet (196 square meters) of meeting space, an all-day dining facility, and a 24-hour gym. World-renowned Japanese fashion designer, Junko Koshino, designed the colleague uniforms and produced key art for the interior of the hotel.
Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay offers:
- 363 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Gallery Kitchen, from breakfast to dinner and light meals. Breakfast buffet is offered in the morning and for lunch and dinner, guests can enjoy Italian a-la-carte dining options. This 24/7 family-friendly restaurant offers two private rooms which can accommodate from 14 to 60 people.
- Gallery Market, serving freshly prepared sandwiches, salads and baked items as well as take-out options (available from 6:30-24:00)
- 9 Dot Bar, serving specialty cocktails, coffee, beer, as well as a premium wine collection from an adjacent wine cellar (available from 6:30-24:00)
- Rooftop Bar offering views of Tokyo Bay on the hotel’s rooftop terrace from which to enjoy magical night views (available from 17:00-24:00)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and guestrooms
- 196 sqm of flexible, high-tech meeting/ function spaces (2 rooms)
- 24-hour Gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens
World of Hyatt Gives Members 500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New
To provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay from July 1 to September 30, 2019, part of World of Hyatt’s new hotel member offer. Additional participating hotels and their offer stay periods can be found at worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus. No registration is required and members can earn on top of other offers.
Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay is under the leadership of General Manager Masaki Kato and Director of Sales and Marketing Katsuhiko Amano. In his role, Kato will be directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel’s 100 associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt Place brand is known. Amano is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers from all over the world and for meeting planners frequenting Urayasu City and Tokyo areas.
For more information about this hotel, please visit hyattplacetokyobay.com.