NEW YORK—Hotels partnering with Travel Tripper, an industry leader in innovative hotel booking and digital marketing solutions, have seen promising early increases in mobile booking revenue shortly after launching with the new RezTrip mobile booking engine. The Taj Boston, The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower in Las Vegas, and Grand Beach Hotel Surfside West in Miami are among the first hotels to utilize this new solution.
The newly redesigned mobile booking platform incorporates industry best practices in travel booking, focusing strongly on user experience to secure hotel reservations quickly and efficiently. With its modern and elegant design, the new mobile booking engine gives guests the trust and confidence to book securely through their mobile devices. Some of the special features include:
- Easy-to-use rate calendar: Select dates in two taps and instantly see the best rate available.
- Full-width photography: Entice guests with beautiful easy-to-see room photos.
- TripAdvisor integration: TripAdvisor badge displays rating with link to traveler reviews.
- Number of reservations display: Dynamically display the number of bookings in last 48 hours.
- Mobile-specific offers: Offer special pricing to guests who book directly on mobile, using Travel Tripper's unique dynamic pricing rules.
"As we have with previous iterations of RezTrip, we wanted to find ways to make hotel booking as frictionless as possible on mobile devices," says Gautam Lulla, President of Travel Tripper. "This has become increasingly important as mobile booking becomes the ubiquitous for travelers. Hotels cannot continue to use outdated technology while OTAs are investing heavily in mobile."
Currently, online travel agencies generate 40% of mobile travel bookings while hotels only generate about 20%. This is despite the fact that hotel searches on mobile increased 49% in 2015, and more than half of all traffic to hotel websites now comes through a touchscreen device.
The new mobile booking engine is immediately available to all current RezTrip customers who are currently using Travel Tripper's CRS and booking engine. To learn more or to request a demo of the platform, please visit the Travel Tripper website.