CASCO ANTIGUO, Panama – December 16, 2021 – Marking the completion of a meticulous seven-year restoration project, Hotel La Compañía will officially open its doors spring of 2022. Located in Casco Antiguo, the city’s treasured historic district, this unique property will be the first Central American hotel in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio. To celebrate the announcement of its opening, the luxury boutique hotel is now accepting reservations and offering an exclusive grand opening rate.
Where History Meets Design
An UNESCO World Heritage site, Hotel La Compañía will offer guests a rare look into Panama’s deep-rooted past through a design-focused experience centered around three distinct chapters in the hotel’s rich history – Spanish Colonial, French Colonial, and Beaux Arts. The hotel, originally built in the 17th century as a Jesuit convent, is being delicately restored by an expert team of designers, architects, and historians to create a living museum where the history of Panama will be showcased through a bold and contemporary design concept. Situated alongside the majestic ruins of a 300-year-old church, the hotel will be a romantic blend of old and new, where the design, craftsmanship, and cultural influences come to life with modern touchpoints.
Where History Meets Luxury
As part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio, Hotel La Compañía will cater to the discerning traveler seeking a one-of-kind hotel experience centered around heritage, culture, and art. The spirit of the hotel will be woven throughout the style of each wing with amenities that will include:
- 88 sophisticated luxury guestrooms and suites each individually designed to reflect the Spanish Colonial, French Colonial, and Beaux Arts styles found throughout the hotel
- A culinary destination with multiple chef-driven dining outlets including a spectacular all-day dining restaurant, a cozy bistro and coffee bar, a family-style Italian restaurant, and a distinctive steakhouse with an underground wine cellar dating back 300 years
- Multiple onsite entertainment options including a sky bar and rooftop lounge, and a lobby lounge
- One of Casco Antiguo’s largest internal courtyard featuring lush gardens, a tree-arched aisle for weddings, and a sprawling lawn ideal for dining and entertainment, as well as group functions
- Five exceptional function rooms for executive board meetings and group functions, along with the ability to use the ruins of the bordering historic church as a stunning backdrop for any event
- An intimate spa with four treatment rooms and a menu that features the Germaine de Capuccini product line from Spain
- A chic sundeck featuring an infinity pool and spectacular 360-degree views from the Pacific Ocean to Panama City
- A curated collection of more than 1,600 original photographs and custom works of art that adorn the walls of the hotel’s guestrooms as well as public spaces
Where History Meets the Modern Casco Antiguo Experience
Positioned across the street from the famed Church of San Jose, right in the heart of Panama’s colorful “old city,” the hotel is poised to be one of the neighborhood’s crown jewels. It is set to bring a revitalizing retreat to the historic district that is a popular destination for its restaurants, bars, and cultural attractions. The rebirth of this iconic structure as Hotel La Compañía will produce a new story where one-of-a-kind programming, extraordinary gastronomy, and unforgettable experiences will establish both the hotel and the neighborhood as the epicenter of Panama’s cultural and historical scene. A feast for the eyes and nourishment for the soul, Hotel La Compañía will offer guests and visitors a passage into the very heart of Panama.
For more information, visit hlcpanama.com.
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness