MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today welcomes the 30-acre DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, as the latest addition to the DoubleTree by Hilton portfolio of 465+ hotels after a property-wide renovation and expansion project of the resort. Formerly known as the Springmaid Beach Resort, the seaside hotel now boasts a 20,000 square-foot main building, ocean view restaurant and lounge, "grab & go" snack area and outdoor entertainment terrace.
"From the area's 100+ golf courses to Springmaid Pier's world-class fishing and surfing, there are many reasons Myrtle Beach visitors have always felt welcomed, relaxed and rejuvenated," said Dianna Vaughan, senior vice president and global head, DoubleTree by Hilton. "Beginning with a warm Chocolate Chip Cookie welcome upon arrival, guests at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront will be treated to the kind and caring service our brand is known for throughout their stay."
The centerpiece of the 12-month, multimillion dollar transformation is a new main building, which houses the new lobby area and guest registration, offering stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean shoreline as well as new entertaining amenities and offerings including restaurants and a food market.
"Delivering a fantastic sense of arrival, the main building perfectly embodies the new look and feel of the resort," said Michael Frits, general manager, DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront. "Our guests are now immediately greeted by the expanse of shoreline and Atlantic blue waters through floor-to-ceiling windows as well as a sophisticated beach design and vibe created by vaulted ceilings, dramatic lighting, sleek furniture, and coastal colors and fabrics."
"Since the purchase, we were eager to complete the renovation of this celebrated resort, taking careful consideration to preserve its status on the Grand Strand, while introducing modern amenities and offerings for guests to enjoy for a lifetime," said Kenneth Fearn, managing partner for Integrated Capital.
The food and beverage offerings were a key component of the resort's renovation with the addition of an oceanfront restaurant and lounge, the refurbishment of the Springmaid Pier restaurant and the introduction of a full-service commissary style market to give guests a wide variety of dining selections.
- Ocean Blue Restaurant illustrates its rich, southern culinary heritage with comfort foods, such as buttermilk fried chicken and slow-grilled BBQ ribs, as well as seasonal seafood and grilled meats with stunning views and indoor and outdoor seating.
- Ocean Blue Lounge is designed to stimulate conversation and energy with an open-air layout that is the hub of activity in the new building. From a bourbon- and rum-centric bar, the lounge features carefully crafted cocktails with fresh ingredients, as well as light bites and traditional appetizers.
- The Market provides "grab & go" options such as breakfast pastries, hot and cold sandwiches, salads, pizzas and more.
- On the upper level, the Ocean Terrace outdoor entertainment deck, Ocean Boardroom and Ocean Blue Private Dining Area are available for private events and functions.
- Located on the iconic Springmaid Pier, the casual Southern Tide Bar & Grille is redesigned and overlooks the beautiful Atlantic. The restaurant also boasts HD TVs, foosball and a shuffleboard table and offers a variety of ocean-caught seafood, all-beef burgers, freshly-made salads and quick bar bites.
- For a quick snack, Fishtales general store offers drinks, ice cream and Starbucks coffee, in addition to a selection of sundries.
Delivering comfort is also a top priority for the newest DoubleTree by Hilton. Located in the resort's Live Oak and Palmetto Towers, all 452 redesigned oceanfront guest rooms feature 40-inch HD TVs, DoubleTree's signature Sweet Dreams® bedding, mini-refrigerator, microwave and private balcony with outdoor seating. Outfitted with new ebony wood furnishings, the rooms are dressed in a fresh palette of ocean blues and cool grey, creating a contemporary coastal design with clean lines and practical appeal.
Meeting professionals and attendees will appreciate the resort's newly enhanced 35,000 square feet of flexible indoor meeting space, which serves as the largest oceanfront conference center in Myrtle Beach. As part of the renovation, the three-story conference center was outfitted with new decor, wall treatments, carpet and paint and features versatile function space with floor-to-ceiling windows on each floor for sweeping ocean views with access to oceanfront covered balconies. The three ballrooms – Atlantic, Carolina and Springs – are divisible into 19 meeting or breakout rooms, offering plenty of space for 10 to 1,000 guests. The resort also has several small meeting rooms and hospitality suites available for use.
"Adding a well-known resort to our portfolio was something we were proud to announce," stated Stewart Cushman, partner for Integrated Capital. "Now, the opportunity to unveil and showcase the property-wide upgrades and renovations is even that much more exciting."
As part of the Hilton portfolio of brands, guests of DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront are also encouraged to participate in Hilton HHonors, Hilton's free-to-join loyalty program. Hilton HHonors members who book directly with Hilton save time and money and gain instant access to the benefits they care about most, including:
- An exclusive member rate at more than 4,500 hotels worldwide
- Instant benefits, such as free Wi-Fi, the ability to earn and redeem Points for free nights as well as access to digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key
- Unforgettable, exclusive experiences, available via Points at HHonors.com/auctions, such as access to private concerts or sought-after events
In addition to Hilton HHonors benefits and the iconic warm Chocolate Chip Cookie welcome, guests will enjoy other DoubleTree by Hilton amenities, including an assortment of gourmet in-room tea and coffee selections, an array of refreshing natural skin and body care products and 24-hour fitness center.
Purchased in December 2014, the Springmaid Beach Resort is owned by an affiliate of Los Angeles-based Integrated Capital, LLC, along with its joint venture partner KBS Strategic Opportunity REIT II, a public, non-traded real estate investment trust based in Newport Beach.
Situated on a quarter-mile stretch of serene Atlantic shoreline at the south end of Myrtle Beach's Ocean Boulevard, the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront features the popular Springmaid Pier, offering world-class fishing as well as a general store and tackle shop. The resort's beach is one of the area's best for surfing, is adjacent to the Myrtle Beach State Park and is close to the area's 100+ golf courses. An ideal resort destination for guests of all ages, the property features six pools, an 18-hole miniature golf course, fitness center and two full-service restaurants. The resort also boasts expansive lawns for volleyball, soccer and other activities.
To book a reservation, visit DoubleTree.com or contact toll-free (866) 764-8501. For more information on the resort, visit MyrtleBeachResort.DoubleTreebyHilton.com. Media may access additional information on DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront at news.doubletree.com/myrtlebeach. For more news on DoubleTree by Hilton hotel openings, visit news.doubletree.com.