ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Columbia Sussex, which has owned and managed The Hilton Anchorage since 2006, recently completed an extensive multi-million dollar renovation, including refreshing and relaxing upgrades to the lobby, dining establishments, guest rooms, fitness center and conference spaces.
Located in the heart of downtown Anchorage, and within walking distance of the Anchorage Convention District and some of the best dining, shopping and attractions the city has to offer, the 606-room property is the prime location for conference, conventions, tourism and business travel, with most rooms featuring magnificent views of the Chugach Mountain Range, Cook Inlet or cityscape.
The hotel’s new guest room design celebrates the up-to-date and accessible feeling of Hilton hotels. The natural color palette of earth and water tones highlights the beautiful colors of Alaska’s pristine wilderness and Northern Lights with a modern and comfortable atmosphere.
Renovated from top to bottom, including new furniture in each guest room, rates start at $149 and new amenities include:
- Work stations with desk-level electrical outlets and high speed Internet access
- All rooms also feature ”The Bed by Hilton” with luxurious top mattress sets, down comforter and plush pillows
- Hilton alarm clock radio with MP3 Player plug-in
- Cuisinart single serve/ dual cup coffee maker
- Strategically placed mirrors, including back-lit vanity mirror and full length mirrors
- Showers with rain showerhead fixtures
- Alaska inspired artwork
- 49” screen televisions
- Crabtree and Evelyn Bath Amenities
- The hotel also offers 11 suites and more than 50 Club Level executive rooms, echoing the natural color palette of the hotel’s interiors and are generously appointed with comfortable furniture, updated décor, and blackout curtains in each room.
Guests at the Hilton Anchorage have access to the reinvigorated fitness center, specifically designed to meet the needs of the hotel’s active and outdoors-oriented guests with state of the art fitness equipment. The enhanced fitness center also features an indoor pool, hot tub, and is one of the most unique in Anchorage with views of the Alaska mountain range and the Cook Inlet.
The hotel’s 23,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space also received new wall coverings, carpet, banquet chairs and tables. There are 19 flexible meeting rooms with the grand Alaska Ballroom can accommodating up to 900 guests.
Attendees will notice a calming atmosphere and a feeling of Alaskan wilderness similar to the new guest rooms. The large ballrooms, small conference spaces, rooftop and 15th floor spaces are the perfect locations for conventions, conferences, corporate events, weddings and social occasions.
In the lobby of the Hilton Anchorage, guests can find a latte at Kaladi Brothers Coffee on their way out for the day, or breakfast and lunch in the Hooper Bay Café with its new carpet, booths and wall coverings. In the evenings, guests can enjoy dinner, a beverage and sports or programs on the four large screen televisions in our inviting and revitalized Bruins Bar
Both business and leisure travelers alike at the newly renovated Hilton Anchorage will enjoy majestic tableaus and the true warmth and spirit of Alaskan hospitality with a modern Alaska ambiance.