ROCKVILLE, Md., June 18, 2020 – Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) today announced the hotels named as “Best of Choice” award winners. One hotel was selected from each Choice brand for their commitment to superior guest service and operational excellence, and rank among the top properties in Choice Hotels’ portfolio. The properties achieved high performance scores and exceptional guest ratings.
“Recognizing stellar performance is one of the highlights of my role, and I want to offer my sincere thanks and congratulations to this year’s Best of Choice winners,” said Patrick Pacious, president and chief executive officer, Choice Hotels. “These hotels truly represent the best of the best, and demonstrate our brand promise of making guests feel welcome, wanted and respected with each and every stay.”
Below is the full list of the 2020 Choice Hotels “Best of Choice” award winners:
- Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member (Gettysburg, Pennsylvania) – This boutique, fully restored 19th century hotel in the heart of downtown Gettysburg provides the perfect atmosphere to experience the area’s rich history and charm. Featuring a restaurant, pub and art gallery, the hotel is conveniently located near both Gettysburg National Military Park and Visitor Center and Gettysburg Heritage Center.
- Cambria Hotel New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District (New Orleans) – Ranked the no. 1 hotel in New Orleans by guests on TripAdvisor for 76 straight weeks, this upscale property delivers superior customer service with direct access to the best of the Big Easy. Guests can enjoy various upscale amenities, like rooftop views of the city, spa-inspired bathrooms and a state-of-the-art fitness center in addition to the brand’s hallmark craft beer program.
- Clarion Suites St George – Convention Center Area (St. George, Utah) – This hotel is known for its stellar service, and guest reviews consistently praise the staff’s “positivity and excellence”. Surrounded by scenic dunes and red sandstone cliffs, the hotel is a gateway to sights like Snow Canyon State Park and Zion National Park. Visitors can also enjoy the property’s fitness center and outdoor pool and hot tub.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Lynchburg Airport – University Area (Lynchburg, Virginia) –Conveniently located across the street from the Lynchburg Regional Airport, this hotel provides modern amenities for both business and leisure travelers. Guests can experience Virginia’s historic sites and the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is considered one of the most beautiful drives in the country.
- Quality Inn Ingleside – Corpus Christi (Ingleside, Texas) – Located off of Highway 361, this hotel is located within minutes of corporate employers like ExxonMobil, Chemours Plant and Kiewit Offshore Services, as well as leisure destinations such as the Texas State Aquarium and Corpus Christi Beach. Guests can enjoy various amenities including an outdoor pool and fitness center.
- Comfort Suites Hartville-North Canton (Hartville, Ohio) – This hotel is known for its exceptional staff who put guests first. It is within walking distance of several shops and restaurants, including the Hartville Marketplace and Flea Market and the Hartville Kitchen, a Mennonite restaurant famous for homestyle cooking and country baking. Amenities include an indoor heated pool, hot tub, fitness center and convenience store.
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Houston Willowbrook (Houston) – Located near the University of Houston, Vintage Park and Sam Houston Race Park, this hotel goes above and beyond to provide affordable and reliable accommodations for business travelers and vacationing families alike. Guests can enjoy amenities including an on-site business center and fitness center.
- MainStay Suites Extended Stay Hotel Madison (Madison, Wisconsin) – Just off Interstate 90 near the Capital Springs State Recreation Center, this hotel is known for its friendly staff and clean, safe apartment-like suites that provide a great value. It is ideally situated for exploring Madison, whether guests are staying a few days, a week or longer. Amenities include a patio area for barbequing, spacious laundry facility, fitness center, game room and indoor heated pool.
- Comfort Inn Duncansville – Altoona (Duncansville, Pennsylvania) – This hotel provides convenient access to popular destinations like DelGrosso’s Amusement Park and Horseshoe Curve National Historic Landmark and is just a short drive from the Penn State-Altoona campus. Guests can enjoy the state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub, and seasonal sun deck.
- Rodeway Inn (Ainsworth, Nebraska) – Situated off U.S. Highway 20 in the Nebraska Sandhills, this hotel offers affordable, pet-friendly accommodations with convenient access to outdoor adventures such as hunting, fishing, golfing and boating. Amenities include an indoor heated pool, on-site guest laundry facilities, a business center and a free airport shuttle. The hotel has continuously exceeded guests’ expectations, especially in terms of the staff’s friendliness and the property’s overall cleanliness.
- Sleep Inn Ellenboro Hwy 50 (Ellenboro, West Virginia) – This hotel provides the perfect atmosphere to enjoy the natural beauty of West Virginia. It is conveniently located near North Bend Rail Trail, which offers 72 miles of multi-purpose recreation, as well as Ritchie County Historical Museum and Cliff’s Museum of Car Memorabilia. Guests can also enjoy the hotel’s indoor heated pool, fitness center and business center.
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel (Donaldsonville, Louisiana) – Conveniently located on Highway 70 in the Donaldsonville Historic District, this hotel provides comfortable and affordable accommodations for longer-term stays. Guests enjoy apartment-style guest rooms featuring kitchenettes with microwaves, refrigerators, two-burner cooktops, cookware and dishes, in addition to an on-site fitness center and shaded gazebo.
- WoodSpring Suites Louisville Airport (Louisville, Kentucky) – This hotel’s staff is known for their friendly customer service, catering to business and leisure travelers seeking comfortable accommodations for longer-term stays. The property is conveniently located near the Louisville International Airport, as well as top leisure destinations like the Louisville Mega Caverns and Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby.
These hotels are also participating in Commitment to Clean, which is Choice Hotels’ holistic approach to supplying franchisees and their employees with the tools they need to achieve superior levels of cleanliness and address health and safety concerns associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. The initiative enhances existing best practice guidance for deep cleaning, disinfecting, hygiene and social distancing.
For more information, or to make your reservation at any of these award-winning hotels, visit www.choicehotels.com.