Located at 205 W. 9th St., the six-story, 149-room Cambria Kansas City – Downtown will be just a few blocks from the city’s Power and Light District. The hotel’s location will offer guests convenient access to many of the area’s most popular restaurants, shops and attractions, including the Sprint Center, the KC Convention Center and KC Live. The hotel will also be a short drive from the corporate headquarters of Cerner, DST Systems and Hallmark Cards. The nearby Riverfront Heritage Trail will give hotel guests an opportunity to stroll along the Missouri River.
These agreements continue to fuel the Cambria brand’s busy year, in which seven hotels have already opened their doors, with up to six more hotels representing almost 1,000 rooms expected to open in top-tier markets across the country before the year’s end.
“These new agreements are just the latest example of developer interest in the Cambria brand,” said Mark Shalala, vice president, franchise development, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “Both Kansas City and downtown Indianapolis are enjoying significant economic growth, driven by a surge in investment and rise in annual visitors. Cambria, which is purpose-built to thrive in major markets serving the needs of today’s modern business traveler, will be a hit with business and leisure travelers in these great Midwestern cities.”
The Cambria hotels in Indianapolis and Kansas City will feature the following upscale amenities:
- Locally inspired design elements that create a genuine sense of place; for example, in Kansas City the architectural finishes inspired by the city’s Library and Garment districts
- Immersive, spa-style bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors
- Contemporary and sophisticated guestrooms, complete with modern fixtures, abundant lighting, and plush bedding
- Onsite dining featuring freshly made food, local craft beer on tap, wine, specialty cocktails, and small bites
- Multi-function meeting space
- State-of-the-art fitness center
Both Lloyd Hospitality and MWA LLC bring a wide range of experience developing hospitality and construction projects in Kansas City and Indianapolis, respectively.
There are currently more than 45 Cambria hotels open across the U.S. in popular cities, such as Chicago; Dallas; Los Angeles; Nashville, Tennessee; New York; New Orleans; Phoenix; and Washington, D.C. The brand is on pace to break its openings record for the second-straight year and is fast approaching 50 open Cambria hotels, including soon-to-open properties in Anaheim and South Boston.