The “HOSPY” is awarded by the association in recognition of a contribution made by an individual or organization to the hotel industry over the past year.
For the third year, Where Magazine also partnered with the hotel association to award their “Silver Plume” awards at the event to the top corporate and hotel concierges as chosen by the magazine.
This year’s presenting sponsor was Myers Pest Control. More than 700 hoteliers and guests attended the event which featured HOSPY awards given in 13 categories.
“This gala is where we celebrate those who have helped make North Texas hotel industry one of the best in the country,“ said Brooke Floyd, executive director of the Hotel Association of North Texas. “It is through their efforts, which are made on a daily basis, that Dallas and the North Texas area remain one of the top places to visit or hold meetings.“
And the Winners Were…..
The top HOSPY awards of the evening went to:
- The North Texas Super Bowl’s Director Bill Lively for his work with Super Bowl XXII, he received the Friend of the Industry Award;
- Plant Interscapes plant and landscaping company as Allied Partner of the Year;
- Roberto van Geenen, General Manager at the Dallas Ritz-Carlton Hotel for General Manager of the Year in the Luxury and Upper Upscale Hotel Category;
- Michael Kapoulis, General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Dallas/Allen for General Manger of the Year in the Upscale & Midscale with Food and Beverage; and
- Beth Pacheco, General Manager of the Hilton Worldwide-Homewood Suites Dallas Market Center for General Manager of the Year in the Midscale without Food and Beverage & Economy.
This year’s Green Hotel of the Year awards went to the Hotel Palomar (full service) and the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Allen.
For the Silver Plume Awards, Where Magazine made awards to Irma Taube of the Gaylord Texan Hotel (Hotel Concierge) and Jenny Crossland of CB Richard Ellis at the Trammel Crow Center (Corporate Concierge).
A complete listing of all 13 HOSPY’s category winners as well as nominees can be obtained at www.hantx.org
The Hotel Association of North Texas is one of the largest local hotel associations in the country representing more than 40,000 rooms in the North Texas market. Established in 1922, the association works to promote the interests of the hotel community throughout North Texas.