Atlantic City has seen more than 15 restaurant openings in the past year, creating a diverse and energetic dining scene that. is complemented by attention-grabbing events including the just-completed Food Network Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival and the Atlantic City Restaurant Week
"Everyone today is a 'foodie,' so we're doing our best to meet growing demand and expanding tastes to become competitive on the national culinary scene," said Jeff Vasser, president of the Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority. "It's an important initiative for Atlantic City's hospitality industry, since food-related business attracts visitors and is a great revenue and jobs generator. We see Atlantic City's culinary landscape as a crucial part of the destination's future."
A sampling of the most recent restaurant openings include:
- In May, Gilchrist , reopened in Atlantic City at Gardner's Basin where it continues to offer their famous pancakes, pan-fried omelets and sandwiches. For more information, call 609-345-8278.
- Scales , opened in May, is also new to Gardner's Basin and is a dockside casual restaurant and bar with a full menu, specialty drinks and live music. For more information, visit www.scalesgrill.com.
- The Diving Horse Cabaret and Steakhouse , a 55,000 sq. ft. entertainment complex complete with restaurants, bars, lounges, revues and much more, opened Diving Horse Steakhouse in July. For more information, visit www.divinghorseclub.com.
- Opened in September 2010, Redding's Restaurant offers Southern cuisine such as fried chicken and waffles, chitlin cheesesteak, baked macaroni casserole, ribs and much more. For more information, visit www.reddingsrestaurant.com.
- From the owners of local favorites Dock's Oyster House and Knife & Fork Inn, two of the longest-established restaurants in the city, comes Harry's Oyster Bar & Seafood , which opened in June. An affordable seafood restaurant in the Courtyard of the historic Dennis Hotel at Bally's, Harry's features a multi-tiered raw bar with 13 types of oysters, fresh chowders, both indoor and outdoor bar areas and alfresco dining. For more information, visit www.harrysoysterbar.com.
- Bally's opened the "Taste of the Shore" food court in May, with multiple restaurants including Sack O'Subs and Walt's Original Primo Pizza. For more information, visit www.sackosubs.com or www.waltsoriginalprimopizza.com.
- With two locations in New York City, Atlantic Grill opened a third location in June at Caesars. Chef Anthony Amoroso's menu features a daily selection of oysters, clams, shellfish and sushi. For more information, visit www.atlanticgrill.com.
- Offering waterfront views of the marina, Chart House , which opened in May, features a number of fresh fish specialties. With numerous locations across the country, Chart House is also known for its signature desserts such as a hot chocolate lava cake made with Godiva® liqueur, Heath® bar crunch and vanilla ice cream. For more information, visit www.chart-house.com.
- With restaurants in Houston and Las Vegas, Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse will open its first Atlantic City location in August, offering steakhouse staples accompanied by an extensive wine selection. For more information, visit www.vicandanthonys.com.
- A number of new restaurants will be opening this fall, including: Grotto Italian Ristorante , a cozy trattoria featuring a Neapolitan-influenced menu; Red Sushi , traditional Japanese cuisine in a contemporary atmosphere; and Lillie's Asian Cuisine , a Cantonese, Szechwan and Pan-Asian fusion restaurant with teppanyaki tables. For more information, visit www.goldennugget.com/atlanticcity.
- Celebrity chef Luke Palladino's namesake restaurant, which opened to great acclaim in May, features fine Italian cuisine mixed with Jersey-farm flavored cooking. For more information, visit www.lukepalladino.com.
- Dos Caminos , also opened in May, is an upscale Mexican cantina with locations across the country, and is favored for its frozen margaritas and authentic dishes. For more information, visit www.doscaminos.com.
- With two booming locations in New York City, Bill's Bar & Burger opened its first Atlantic City location in June. For more information, visit www.billsbarandburger.com.
- Chef Chris Scarduzio's namesake restaurant, Scarduzio's Steak | Sushi | Lounge , opened in July at Showboat. The highlight of Chef Scarduzio's menu is the Certified USDA prime beef from Debragga, the premier New York City butcher since 1920. For more information, visit www.showboatac.com.
- With fans including everyone from the late Frank Sinatra to George Clooney, White House Sub Shop has a new location at the Trump Taj Mahal. After 65 years in business, the restaurant added its second restaurant in May and now offers its famous Italian and cheesesteak subs right on the Boardwalk. For more information, visit www.trumptaj.com.
About the Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority
The Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority serves as the destination's principal marketing arm, stimulating economic growth through convention, business and leisure tourism development. The Authority oversees the management of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall. The Authority is the first destination marketing organization in New Jersey to achieve prestigious Destination Marketing Accreditation by the Destination Marketing Association International. For complete Atlantic City information, visit www.atlanticcitynj.com. Also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AtlanticCityNJ.