The most remarkable of the hotel’s new amenities is the new, reinvented Marriott Hotels & Resorts lobby, with conversation enhancing pod seating with LCD televisions, nooks for working and socializing and an indoor/outdoor Espressamente Illy café. The lobby easily transitions from day to night while creating a warm, stylish ambiance that fosters relaxation, productive work and informal meetings and social gatherings. The lobby flows into Catch Grill & Bar, an indoor/outdoor restaurant on the bay, with spectacular views of the Miami Beach skyline.
Located directly on the harbor, between the bustling Miami Arts and Design District and Downtown Miami, the 600-room Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay is in an ideal destination for experiencing everything Miami – within walking distance to the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts and minutes from Downtown Miami, South Beach, the Port of Miami, Bayside Marketplace and American Airlines Arena.
“Our guests are thrilled with the renovation,” said hotel General Manager Barbara Readey. “From the moment they walk into the stylish, sophisticated lobby, to the beautifully appointed guest rooms, spectacular views, al fresco dining and the redesigned and expanded meeting facilities, the hotel is getting rave reviews.”
The renovation represents the new standard for Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, Inc.’s signature brand, with more than 500 hotels in 60 countries. It offers all the amenities and services guests need for a successful trip: warm, genuine service; stylish yet functional guest rooms; lobbies that facilitate connections between people and places; a restaurant serving cuisine prepared simply and from the freshest ingredients; meeting and event spaces and services that are gold standard; and expansive, 24-hour fitness facilities.
The Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay’s enhancement project included updates to:
- Espressamente Illy Café: Located alongside the new lobby, the Café offers indoor and outdoor seating and features flavored coffee, espresso, sandwiches, snacks and pastries throughout the day and beer and wine nightly.
- Catch Grill + Bar: Blending the classic charm of a traditional fish house with the modern ambiance of a sleek steakhouse, Catch Grill + Bar features décor inspired by South Florida’s natural landscape. Complete with indoor and outdoor seating with direct water views, the menu consists of fresh locally caught seafood, grilled fare, salads and flat breads.
- Meeting and Event Spaces: The hotel has 20,000 square feet of indoor space and a total of 23 meeting rooms, including a 9,300-square-foot Grand Ballroom, the new 2,500-square-foot Bayview Ballroom and new executive boardroom – all with a T1 line for wireless Internet access. An outdoor bay and pool terrace also serve as meeting and event venues.
- Fitness Center & Pool: With breathtaking views of the marina, Biscayne Bay and the Port of Miami, the hotel’s 1,600-square-foot, 5th floor fitness center is open 24/7 and contains Life Fitness cardio equipment, weight machines and extensive free weights.
- Concierge Lounge: Located on the 26th floor, the 2,000-square-foot Lounge serves continental breakfast and cocktail service daily (Monday-Friday) and features spectacular views of the Port of Miami and South Beach
- Guest Rooms: With $17 million of the renovation dedicated to the guest rooms, each of 600 guest rooms on 31 floors offer comfort, modern style and the latest in Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ in-room technology. All rooms feature a balcony with bay or downtown views, flat screen televisions, new hub for laptop, MP3 player and video connectivity, high-speed Internet and multi-functional desk, Marriott signature bedding with duvet, contemporary dual sink fixtures and rain-style shower heads in the bathroom.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our website www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.