News for the Hospitality Executive
Marshall Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Signs Five Management
Contracts in Greater New York Metro Area
SALISBURY, Md., September 27, 2010—Officials of Marshall Hotels & Resorts, Inc., a leading, Maryland-based hotel management and services company, today announced the signing of five management contracts in the greater metropolitan New York area. The properties, owned by several different groups, include the Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge; The Madison Hotel, Morristown, N.J.; Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea; Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn; and Best Western Prospect Park Hotel.
“New York continues to be a strong market for the hospitality industry,” said Mike Marshall, president and CEO. “We have significant expertise in urban hotels and a proven track record in the New York metro market. We will market these hotels individually but will be able to take advantage of economies of scale to reduce costs in a high-cost market.
“We have seen an increased interest from owners in the past six months for both receivership and cash flowing properties,” Marshall noted. “Both owners and lenders are anxious to take maximum advantage of the rebound in the hotel industry and ratchet up profitability and value.”
About the Properties
• Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea—Opening in October of 2010, the hotel is situated a short distance from the Empire State Building, Times Square and Central Park Zoo, at 114 West 28th Street. The 112 spacious guest rooms have well-lit work areas and high-speed wireless Internet access. The 18-story hotel features complimentary continental breakfast with fresh-brewed coffee, swimming pool, exercise room and copy and fax services. Marshall is overseeing all pre-opening activity.
• Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge—Located at 61-63 Chrystie Street, the recently built hotel is in the lower Eastside of Manhattan. The 60-room property features high-speed wireless Internet access, complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and business services. The well-appointed guest rooms offer flat-screen plasma televisions, coffee makers and work desks.
• The Madison Hotel—At 1 Convent Road, in Morristown, N.J., the property features a deluxe complimentary continental breakfast; fitness center with state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment; and heated indoor swimming pool with whirlpool. The hotel offers nearly 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and 24-hour business center. The hotel offers the award-winning Rod’s Steak & Seafood Grille, which also is a popular local favorite. The property is close to Farleigh Dickinson University, Drew University, The Mall at Short Hills, and offers easy access to Manhattan via the New Jersey Midtown Direct Express. The 186 spacious rooms have individually decorated furnishings, sumptuous bedding and complimentary wired and wireless Internet access.
• Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn—Scheduled to open in November of this year at 181 3rd Ave., the hotel is Brooklyn’s first Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites. The 12-story building is near 5th Ave., Smith Street and within blocks of the subway. The hotel features a spacious atrium lobby, rooftop gardens with views of Manhattan and Brooklyn, fitness room with cardiovascular equipment and free weights, barbeque and picnic area, complimentary continental breakfast buffet and business services. All 133 rooms have free high-speed wireless Internet access, well-lit work desks, LCD flat-panel televisions and coffee makers.
• Best Western Prospect Park Hotel—At 3003 Emmons Ave., the hotel, which is expected to open next month, is on Long Island’s waterfront area, near Coney Island and one mile from Brighton Beach. The hotel features complimentary continental breakfast, 24-hour fitness center and copy and fax services. Each of the 99 well-appointed rooms offers free wireless high-speed Internet access. Marshall is responsible for all pre-opening activity.
About Marshall Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
|Also See:||Marshall Management Acquires Contract to Manage Manhattan Four Points by Sheraton Chelsea / April 2008|