News for the Hospitality Executive
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Seeking Area General Manager / Regional Director of
in Rochester, Minnesota
Position: Area General Manager / Regional Director of Operations
Location: Kahler Grand Hotel, MN
Description: This is an Interstate Hotels & Resorts position.
Manage, direct and lead the operations of four, full service and limited service, hotels and a regional laundry operation located in downtown Rochester, MN. He/She will support the SVPO with planning and managing the operations to achieve customer (guests, employees, corporate and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Oversees a regional team of Directors that lead: Sales and Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Leasing and Revenue Management for the downtown cluster.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. Recommends the hotel budgets for the area hotels’ and laundry, marketing plans and business plans and manages within approved plans and objectives. Position is responsible for the direct supervision of 4 General Managers and a Regional Team who oversee the area hotels and the indirect supervision of all hotel Executive Committee and all hotel employees. Position has regular contact with the hotel owners to provide information and discuss operations. Position will also directly supervise the Kahler Grand Hotel and its Executive Committee..
1. Manage the Human Resources of the area hotels/laundry in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, deal with union issues, provide open communications, discipline and terminate, as appropriate. (30%)
2. Implement company programs (IHR/Franchiser), develop and manage the area hotels’ programs and manage the operations of the hotels in a manner consistent with the requirements of; the Management contracts, the Franchise agreements, ownership goals and objectives, Federal/State laws and regulations and IHR's policies and procedures to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, limit liabilities and maximize profits. (30%)
3. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the area hotels’ and laundrys’ annual and long term operations, sales and marketing, capital, revenue, expense and profit goals to meet/exceed owners’ and corporate management’s expectations. (15%)
4. Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality. (10%)
5. Maintain the area hotels in first class condition; protect, secure and enhance the assets as appropriate. (5%)
6. Participate in community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote a good image thus fostering future growth. (5%)
7. Perform special projects and participate in task forces and committees as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Eight to Twelve years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities: Requires advanced knowledge of the hospitality and business management fields. Requires considerable working knowledge of other major areas and the skill to integrate and communicate that information. Requires studying, analyzing and interpreting complex activities or information in order to improve current practices or develop new approaches. Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance. Requires highly developed communication skills to interface with executives at all organizational levels; owners, investors, employees and guests.
No. of employees supervised: 200 to 800 employees
Travel required: Required for meetings, training and conferences
This employer participates in E-Verify. Interstate Hotels and Resorts will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Interstate Hotels and Resorts is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.