News for the Hospitality Executive
VA (July 27, 2009) – In its 20th year, HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings®
once again provide an opportunity for meeting and event planners from
sectors of the industry, and every corner of the nation, to connect
venues, vendors and other meetings service providers to do serious
the upcoming year. Exhibitors at Affordable Meetings® Mid-America
and West this year generated an average of 116 leads each,
strong exhibiting ROI. Affordable Meetings® National will celebrate
its 20th anniversary show Sept. 9-10, 2009 at the Walter E.
Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. and in honor of this
occasion, HSMAI has prepared a list of 20 reasons for exhibiting
Affordable Meetings® National.
1. DECISION MAKERS: 96% of attendees are decision makers or significant influencers.
2. FRESH FACES: 59% of attendees do not attend any other tradeshow!
3. SALES LEADS: More than 1800 meeting and event planners come looking for the magnificent, the moderate and everything in between.
4. CORPORATE, GOVERNMENT & NON-PROFIT ACCESS: 71% of attendees are from corporate, government, association, or non-profit organizations.
5. THREE-TO-ONE: For every booth on the show floor, there will be at least three (3) meeting planner attendees. That 3:1 planner/exhibitor ratio is hard to find anywhere else!
6. PRE-SHOW MATCHMAKING: Included in your booth package is access to “networkNow®!,” an electronic matchmaking service that connects Affordable Meetings® attendees and exhibitors in order to set appointments in advance, have pre- and post-show discussions, and take advantage of other client-access opportunities that exist before the show starts and long after the show ends.
7. ATTENDEE LISTS: Exhibitors receive a free electronic post-show attendee list, including profiles, demographics, and contact information. HSMAI members also receive the pre-registered attendee list which includes those who registered but did not attend (this means approximately 35-40% more leads). And, pre-show attendee lists are available for a bargain price.
8. COST-EFFECTIVE MARKETING: Exhibiting in a trade show is still the most efficient and cost-effective way to collect qualified leads, close deals and build long term business relationships.
9. BOOTH PACKAGE & EXHIBITOR SUPPORT: The comprehensive booth package helps minimize your costs since you don’t have to buy carpet or basic furniture. Listings in the official program book and online directory are included as well! HSMAI is committed to helping you achieve your goals, offering pre-show and on-site assistance so you see ROI on your marketing dollars.
10. THREE FOR ONE: For every 10x10 space, you receive three (3) exhibitor badges.
11. DISCOUNT FOR MEMBERS: HSMAI members receive a $600 discount on booth purchases.
12. INVALUABLE INSIGHTS: See and learn what your customers are talking about and dealing with. Exhibitors can attend any of the 42 invaluable educational seminars!
13. HEIGHTENED VISIBILITY: Tightening your budget and waiting it out isn’t enough. You must stay visible in the marketplace, and keep the lines of communication open with clients and prospects.
14. HAPPY ATTENDEES: 87% of attendees would recommend Affordable Meetings® to others.
15. HAPPY EXHIBITORS: More than 80% of 2008 exhibitors plan on participating at HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® National again this year.
16. EVENT TECHNOLOGY EXPO: This new, cutting-edge component of Affordable Meetings® focuses on all aspects of technology for tradeshows, meetings, conventions, and special events.
17. UNPARALLELED PROMOTION: HSMAI conducts unparalleled attendee promotion in size, scope and frequency with a full scale PR campaign across all relevant event industry sectors.
18. OTHERS ARE SAYING IT:
19. OPPORTUNITIES IN THIS ECONOMY: Hundreds of destination decisions are being re-evaluated, and in some cases, meetings are being re-engineered altogether. Showcase your solution in these turbulent, yet improving times.
20. THE CREAM OF THE CROP: In today’s economy, more and more seasoned meeting planners are faced with challenges never before seen in their careers. They are turning to HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® for the solutions they need and are hoping to find!
Visit www.affordablemeetings.com for more information. To reserve your booth today, contact Craig Baker, Affordable Meetings'® Exposition Sales Manager, at (703) 679-3942 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance at HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® National and ETE is free-of-charge for qualified meeting planners. Attendee information is available by calling 800-564-4220 or visiting www.affordablemeetings.com.
About HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® National
HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® National will once again offer attendees the opportunity to meet and do business with more than 450 exhibiting companies during a unique exposition that will showcase venues, products and services to help produce various types of meetings and events. Year-after-year, the highly-acclaimed trade exposition is a main attraction for attendees looking to meet and network with knowledgeable suppliers who are determined to help produce valuable meetings and assist with purchasing decisions. Exhibitors represent hotels and resorts, university conference centers, unique meeting sites, convention and visitor bureaus, transportation companies, trade publications, software and audio/visual businesses, and other meeting and convention suppliers. HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® is owned and presented by the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International Americas region and managed by J. Spargo & Associates, Inc. Visit www.affordablemeetings.com for more information. Join our social networking communities on Twitter, and LinkedIn.
HSMAI is the hospitality industry source for knowledge, community, and recognition for leaders committed to professional development, sales growth, revenue optimization, marketing, and branding. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI has become the industry champion in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry, and bringing together customers and members at annual events, including HSMAI's Affordable Meetings®. Founded in 1927, HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. For more information on HSMAI, contact the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International, 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, Va. 22102; (703) 506-3280; fax (703) 506-3266, or visit the website at www.hsmai.org. Join our social networking communities on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Aims to Establish Sydney Chapter / July 2009
Affordable Meetings® National Celebrates 20 Years; Welcomes
Jonathan Tisch as Keynote Speaker; Annual Conference and Exposition
Features Second Annual Event Technology Expo, 42 In-Depth Educational
Sessions and New Electronic Matchmaking Service "networkNow!" /
Announces 2009 Adrian Awards "Call for Entries", Entry Submission Opens
July 15 in Competition Honoring Travel Marketing Excellence / July
HSMAI's Revenue Management & Internet Marketing Strategy
Conference; Mark Robertson Named HSMAI Revenue Management Professional
of the Year / July 2009
|Changes in Communication, the Social Media Revolution, and Evolving Search Engine Optimization Forcing Marketers to Rethink How They Market Destinations and Hotels; Recap HSMAI-CHA Conference / January 2008|
|Recap HSMAI Hotel Sales Strategy Conference: Meeting and Event Professionals Tell Hotel Sales & Marketing Directors That Budgets Were Not Going Up and They Better Get Online for Both RFPs and Bookings / September 2007|