News for the Hospitality Executive
|MCLEAN, VA (August 18, 2009) – Meeting and event
planners from across the nation will gather to do serious business and
take advantage of continuing education opportunities at the 20th Annual
HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings®
National, Sept. 9-10, 2009 at the Walter E. Washington Convention
Center in Washington, D.C.
The 20th anniversary show will feature the second HSMAI Event Technology Expo™, connect attendees with hundreds of valuable exhibitors, and offer access to industry thought leaders through keynotes and special sessions, including the new Event Technology Expo keynote, “The Executive Guide to Dominating Through Technology,” with technology expert Scott Klososky, presented by Leading Authorities.
Need more reasons to attend HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® National? In honor of the 20th Anniversary of the show, HSMAI has prepared a list of 20 reasons to attend Affordable Meetings® National.
1. 10.5 HOURS OF FREE CONTINUING EDUCATION: Thanks to the generous support of the exhibitors and partners, qualified meeting planners can meet their continuing education requirements for the year at no cost.
2. TWO SHOWS IN ONE: Planners who attend the 20th Anniversary of Affordable Meetings® National also get the benefit of attending the second HSMAI Event Technology Expo™, a conference addressing all aspects of technology as it relates to tradeshows, meetings, and special events.
3. PEER RECOMMENDED: 87 percent of attendees would recommend Affordable Meetings® to others.
4. VALUABLE EXHIBITS: Organized by state, hotel chain, meeting services, unique meeting sites and international destinations, planners can quickly research or secure venues and destinations for upcoming meetings and events.
5. EASY RFP TEMPLATE: Affordable Meetings provides a simple RFP template, based on APEX industry standards that planners can use and distribute to exhibitors.
6. CUTTING EDGE INDUSTRY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES: Planners meet well-informed exhibitors who can help make the right choices for upcoming meetings and events.
7. 20 HOT PLANNING TOPICS: The Affordable Meetings® conference program includes 20 seminars on topics of utmost importance to planners today, including budgeting, contracts and marketing.
8. 22 EVENT TECHNOLOGY TOPICS: The Event Technology Expo™ program includes 22 educational seminars focusing on the importance of technology in the production and promotion of tradeshows, meetings, conventions and special events.
9. UNPARALLELED ACCESS TO INDUSTRY EXPERTS: Recognized industry leaders will present the 42 educational seminars…with the chance to meet them before and after their presentations at the Speakers’ Corner.
10. NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES: Meet and greet meeting and hospitality industry colleagues in conference sessions, at lunch, on the show floor, and at a special reception celebrating Affordable Meetings’® 20 years of making connections.
11. THE SCENE: Centrally located on the exhibit floor, The Scene features a comfortable seating area, a coffee bar and the well-stocked Bookstore for networking, brief meetings and breaks.
12. NETWORKING LUNCHEONS: On both days of the show, planners and suppliers can eat together and share their insights with one another.
13. FABULOUS PRIZES: More than 20 prizes will be given away each day during the exposition and again at the conclusion of the afternoon sessions. Prizes will include trips, airline tickets, hotel stays, an ETE Technology prize package, and more!
14. KEYNOTE ADDRESSES: The event will feature keynote speaker Jonathan Tisch, chairman and CEO of Loews Hotels, who will provide relevant insight into current trends and practices in the hospitality and meetings industries. On day two, business and technology expert Scott Klososky will tackle how to develop a winning strategy for using technologies in his keynote address, “The Executive Guide to Dominating Through Technology.”
15. TARGETED TO YOUR NEEDS: Attendees can benefit from “networkNow!” a new electronic matchmaking service that links meeting planners with the show’s exhibitors to schedule appointments and make the best use of time.
16. TOOLS YOU CAN USE YEAR-ROUND: Planners have exclusive access to conference materials and seminar recordings for a whole year following the show.
17. FREE TOUR OF THE NATION’S CAPITAL: Thanks to The Convention Store, take a free guided bus tour of Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, Sept. 9 (space is limited).
18. CHIRPE: Planners can use ChirpE on a mobile device to search for products, exhibitors and sessions with no download required.
19. HSMAI DC Chapter Annual Welcome Reception And Charity Event: Sponsored by Clyde's of Gallery Place on Tuesday, Sept. 8 from 5 - 7:30 p.m. -- meeting planners, exhibitors, chapter friends, and guests are welcome!
20. OTHERS ARE SAYING:
“Scope is amazing. High-style exposition. Incredible educational seminars. Tremendous opportunities that are free.”
“The instruction offered is ‘real-world’, not theory. I am able to apply what I learn immediately.”
“LOVED THE SHOW...I can’t wait to come back next year!”
Attendance at HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® National and ETE is free-of-charge for qualified meeting planners. Attendee information is available by calling 800-564-4220 or visiting www.affordablemeetings.com.
Visit www.affordablemeetings.com for more information. To reserve booth space, contact Craig Baker, Affordable Meetings'® Exposition Sales Manager, at (703) 679-3942 or email@example.com.
About HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® National
HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® National will once again offer attendees the opportunity to meet and do business with more than 450 exhibiting companies during a unique exposition that will showcase venues, products and services to help produce various types of meetings and events. Year-after-year, the highly-acclaimed trade exposition is a main attraction for attendees looking to meet and network with knowledgeable suppliers who are determined to help produce valuable meetings and assist with purchasing decisions. Exhibitors represent hotels and resorts, university conference centers, unique meeting sites, convention and visitor bureaus, transportation companies, trade publications, software and audio/visual businesses, and other meeting and convention suppliers. HSMAI’s Affordable Meetings® is owned and presented by the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International Americas region and managed by J. Spargo & Associates, Inc. Visit www.affordablemeetings.com for more information. Join our social networking communities on Twitter, and LinkedIn.
HSMAI is the hospitality industry source for knowledge, community, and recognition for leaders committed to professional development, sales growth, revenue optimization, marketing, and branding. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI has become the industry champion in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry, and bringing together customers and members at annual events, including HSMAI's Affordable Meetings®. Founded in 1927, HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. For more information on HSMAI, contact the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International, 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, Va. 22102; (703) 506-3280; fax (703) 506-3266, or visit the website at www.hsmai.org. Join our social networking communities on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
University Fall Webinar Line-up to Focus on Business Development and
Current Economic Climate / August 2009
Reasons to Exhibit at HSMAI’S Affordable Meetings® National and
Event Technology Expo™ / July 2009
Aims to Establish Sydney Chapter / July 2009
Affordable Meetings® National Celebrates 20 Years; Welcomes
Jonathan Tisch as Keynote Speaker; Annual Conference and Exposition
Features Second Annual Event Technology Expo, 42 In-Depth Educational
Sessions and New Electronic Matchmaking Service "networkNow!" /
Announces 2009 Adrian Awards "Call for Entries", Entry Submission Opens
July 15 in Competition Honoring Travel Marketing Excellence / July
HSMAI's Revenue Management & Internet Marketing Strategy
Conference; Mark Robertson Named HSMAI Revenue Management Professional
of the Year / July 2009
|Changes in Communication, the Social Media Revolution, and Evolving Search Engine Optimization Forcing Marketers to Rethink How They Market Destinations and Hotels; Recap HSMAI-CHA Conference / January 2008|
|Recap HSMAI Hotel Sales Strategy Conference: Meeting and Event Professionals Tell Hotel Sales & Marketing Directors That Budgets Were Not Going Up and They Better Get Online for Both RFPs and Bookings / September 2007|