News for the Hospitality Executive
Hotel Industry’s First Integrated
|Santa Clara, CA – November 19, 2008 – Milestone Internet
Marketing announced today the launch of its cutting edge Social Media Optimization
Product – Graviti™, targeted at the hospitality and travel segments. Social
Media continues to grow in importance as the search engines take these
sites into consideration for the SERP’s (Search Engine Result Pages). Hotels
that take advantage of this trend are seeing significant benefits in terms
of online placement and revenue.
There’s a lot of buzz around social media strategies for marketing purposes
for businesses, and the hotel industry is still trying to grapple with
how to gain from the newest trends on the internet. We have been
experimenting with several different strategies around social media and
its relevance to the lodging industry. The outcome of this
research is Graviti™, Milestone’s cutting-edge Social Media Optimization
Product. Graviti™ packages include combinations of the following products:
1) User Generated Content will be a critical element of Web 2.0 strategies. You will find an increasing number of consumer decisions influenced by user generated comments and reviews. In our opinion, this will be the single largest influencer for consumers looking to make hotel room purchase decisions. This will also become one of the largest differentiators for hotels and will allow good operators to win heavily over the poorly managed hotels. But then, that’s what the internet is about – offering transparency to the consumer so that the better product wins. The first generation of internet applications offered rate transparency across different hotels and the next generation of applications are going to separate good products from the not-so-good ones
2) Blog (also known as a weblog) is essentially a software or online service that allows you to quickly post your thoughts, interact with people, and promote your business or concept online. Blogs are similar to interactive online journals that update your website with fresh and new content that elevates your value and ranking with the search engines. Some of the key benefits of having a blog include the following:
3) Online videos are one of the fastest growing forms of media on the internet and we have discussed the effectiveness of online videos in several of our previous articles. The online video developed for Search Engines is vastly different from the standard videos. The standard video files are not optimized for search engines. It’s the same parallel as a search engine friendly website vs. a website that is set up as a brochure. A search engine friendly website can be found for different things within the search engines; however, to view a brochure type of website, you have to know the website address to get to that site. The search engine optimized video and standard videos differ from each other in the same way. Whereas the search optimized video can be found by users typing things relevant to your market on the search engines; to find your standard videos, the consumer needs to know the website address for the site where that video is posted. This makes the effectiveness of the 2 videos vastly different.
4) Personal Social Networks: Hotels will benefit from utilizing different personal social media networks such as Facebook and MySpace to network with consumers who are interested in the unique things offered by the property. You can post photos and videos on these sites. You can also socialize in the groups available on the channels, such as the Event Planners Group, Travel Groups, or even start a new group. This will allow hotels to increase their awareness with consumers interested in similar activities as those offered by the hotel.
5) Photo Sharing: There are several photo-sharing websites, such as flickr, where hotels should create their profiles and share photos of the hotel and things to do in their market. We have seen tremendous results from sharing these photos. Tagging of the photos under the right categories also assists with search engine optimization, resulting in not only clicks from the photo-sharing websites but also from increased rankings in search engines.
6) Social Bookmarking is another creative strategy for hotels to enhance their website presence and search engine optimization. Different articles, videos, and the hotels website can be bookmarked using tags on different social bookmarking channels such as Dig, Delicious, etc.
7) Articles and Online PR: Hotels can use online articles and online channels to enhance their web presence and increase their search engine optimization. Using online news channels such as Business Wire and PR web to release articles and news information enhances the search engine optimization and web presence for the hotel.
For more information about these products and company, visit our website www.milestoneinternet.com or call (888) 350-8396 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Also See:||Milestone Internet Marketing wins W3 Silver Award for Hotel Website Design and Promotion / November 2008|
|Matt Cutts, the Google Guy, Shares Insights on Smart Strategies and Analytics for Improving Hotel Web Site Performance / November 2008|
|Interview with Matt Cutts from Google Regarding Best Practices for Promoting Hotels Online / Benu Aggarwal / March 2008|
|Milestone Internet Marketing, Inc. Wins Gold Adrian Award for Excellence in Hotel Internet Marketing / January 2008|
|Blogging For Lodging; Are You Blogging Yet? / Benu Aggarwal / April 2007|
|Milestone Internet Marketing Licenses Hotels to HTMLs™ Handbook To Best Western International (BWI) For Online Education / May 2005|