The ten best hotel groups of the world further expands their hegemonies. Starwood Hotels and Resorts are planning 17 new properties for its top hotel brand St. Regis and Four Seasons is currently developing 34 new hotels and resorts worldwide. This data has been revealed by a current study of TOPHOTELPROJECTS (www.tophotelprojects.com), the worldwide leading provider of global b2b hotel data.
The top 10 hotel groups and their current hotel projects
(Source: international hotel critic Heinz Horrmann / tophotelprojects.com)
1. Peninsula - currently no hotel projects
2. Mandarin Oriental - 7 hotel projects, among others in Beijing, Bodrum, Doha, Milano, Chengdu, Moscow
3. One & Only - 2 projects: Kumbor, Sanya
4. Ritz Carlton - 7 projects: Barra da Tijuca, Les Salines, Bangalore, Los Cabos/Quivira, Reserve Vinh Hoi Bay, Saigon, Palm Hills
5. Aman Resorts - 5 projects, among other in Libreville, Loango National Park, Perth
6. St. Regis - 17 projects, among other in Dubai, Amman, Buenos Aires, Kuala Lumpur, Bermuda, Changsha, Chengdu, Cairo, Nanjing
7. Oberoi Hotels - 6 projects, among others in Doha, Marrakech, Dubai
8. Orient Express Hotels - currently no hotel projects
9. Four Seasons - 34 projects, among others in Abu Dhabi, Bangalore, New York City, Casablanca, Vienna, Moscow, Johannesburg, Dubai, Sharm El Sheikh
10. Shangri La - 2 projects: Yingkou, Shenyang Kerry Center
Mandarin Oriental, according to the internationally recognised hotel critic Heinz Horrmann, number two of the world's best hotel groups, currently prepares the opening of a 237 room luxury hotel in a prime location in the heart of Moscow for mid-2014. Therefore a historic manor house from the 18th century, which had been used as a luxury hotel at the beginning of the last century, will be lavishly rebuilt. Developer is the Unicor Management Company. The properties location at the "Tverskaya Street", only five minutes walking distance to the Red Square, is ideal.
Four Seasons prepares it market entry in Vienna: in spring 2015 a former courthouse will open as a luxury hotel with 165 rooms. After the opening of the Kempinski Hotel Palais Hansen this spring, this will be the next top hotel in the international congress destination. Four Seasons is due to open a hotel in Shenzhen in South China: early September the eighth property of the chain will open in the Middle Kingdom - a 26-story high tower with 266 rooms.