Christophe Letard Named as Executive Chef of the 91-key Belle Mont Farm on Kittitian Hill, St. Kitts
November 14, 2014 9:34am
St. Kitts, West Indies, November 14, 2014 - Kittitian Hill, St. Kitts' new hospitality and real estate destination, has appointed Christophe Letard as Executive Chef of Belle Mont Farm, the sustainable luxury hotel opening in December 2014. Chef Letard will oversee all culinary operations including The Kitchen restaurant, The Mill bar and other authentic dining experiences.
A passionate and seasoned culinarian, Chef Letard most recently served as Executive Chef at the Government House in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. He held the position of Private Chef for the Lieutenant Governor and managed the day-to-day operations of the kitchen, including creating menus for dinners with royals, dignitaries and ambassadors. Prior to that, he spent time in the Caribbean as the Executive Chef of The Landings in St. Lucia and Cobblers Cove in Barbados. With an expansive culinary repertoire working at luxury hotels and resorts, Chef Letard held positions at seven Relais & Châteaux properties in France, England, Canada and Barbados. He also contributed to the notable Michelin first star awards at both the Normandie Hotel in Manchester, England and Le Ferme Saint Simeon in Honfleur, France during his culinary career.
"We are excited to have Christophe at the helm of our food and beverage team," said Carlos Salazar, general manager of Belle Mont Farm
on Kittitian Hill. "His extensive background and culinary expertise will be instrumental in creating first-class, farm-to-table experiences for our guests."
In his new role, Chef Letard will spearhead Kittitian Hill's commitment to a sustainable cuisine philosophy. He will create menus with locally- and regionally-inspired fare, all prepared with fresh ingredients directly foraged from the organic farm, and sourced from farmers and fishermen in the community. The culinary concept at The Kitchen features a shared dining experience. Chef Letard and his team will share their knowledge and passion for food by introducing diners to indigenous ingredients such as moringa, soursop, mamie apple and cassava. Dishes will showcase authentic flavors such as coconut dumpling, mango chutney, goat water and traditional stewed salt fish.
The Kitchen restaurant, located at the Great House, along with its bar, The Mill, offer sweeping views of rain-forested mountains and farm-to-table fare. Guests will come together in a kitchen table atmosphere to enjoy a spread of sumptuous cuisine - which is fished, farmed and foraged from the ocean and land around Belle Mont Farm. A relaxed atmosphere with no stiff formality, The Kitchen allows guests to experience a celebration of great dining and camaraderie.
The Mill bar, named after the Great House's grand sugar mill structure, serves exotic and cleverly-crafted cocktails such as St Kitts White Rum Mango Coconut Lassie; Sparkling Watermelon Mojito; The Belle Mont Farm, with premium rum, coconut milk, ginger beer, lime juice, basil, mint and cilantro; And Lemongrass Passion Rum Punch.
In December, Belle Mont Farm will also offer lunch at the Pool Grille, and dinner at The Terrace, serving a 12-course tasting menu with beverage pairings followed by authentic storytelling with a Kittitian elder. Additional dining will include an outdoor communal farm table for an intimate evening experience. For freshly prepared catering on a whim, the Rolling Mango food truck will provide gourmet meals skillfully cooked at your doorstep. The famed Golden Lemon Inn at Dieppe Bay - just a 10-minute drive from Belle Mont Farm - will be a part of the Kittitian Hill community, offering an oceanfront vibe at The Lime behind The Lemon seafood restaurant, beach club and bar.
Set on the north coast of St. Kitts amid 400 acres on the fertile slopes of Mt. Liamuiga, Belle Mont Farm will immerse guests in local culture and heritage, an organic farming community, and distinct farm-to-table culinary experiences. Wellness offerings will elevate mind, body and spirit. Kittitian Hill's organic farm will offer a world-class collection of exotic fruits and vegetables, with accommodations thoughtfully sowed in the landscape. Designed by award-winning world-renowned architect Bill Bensley, 84 Guesthouses and seven, four-bedroom Farmhouses will feature panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and neighbouring islands such as St Barths. Belle Mont Farm amenities will include Irie Fields Golf Course and The Workshop fitness center.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit, www.bellemontfarm.com.
Tags: belle mont farm,
1. A responsible community committed to creating a more sustainable future for the West Indies, it nurtures the arts and culture, society, economy and the environment.
2. A vehicle for social transformation, and the vision of Val Kempadoo, a social entrepreneur from the Caribbean.
3. A destination for travellers who seek authentic experiences. Guests will be able to immerse themselves in Kittitian culture and heritage, wellness, organic farming, and distinct farm-to-table culinary experiences.
4. Opening in December 2014, Belle Mont Farm; an organic farm with - 84 Guest Houses and 7 Farmhouses planted within. Amenities will include The Kitchen restaurant & The Mill Bar, Irie Fields the world's first edible championship golf course, and The Workshop fitness centre.
5. Bringing to life the famed Golden Lemon Inn with a West Indian style beach bar and grill on the beautiful Dieppe Bay beach where the Caribbean Sea meets the Atlantic.
6. A journey. 2015 chapters will include: Yaya Groves private villas; Mango Walk Spa; The Table restaurant and Red Rum bar; The Village, a vibrant collection of artisans shops, restaurants and a bohemian hotel; and the restoration of the Golden Lemon Inn, www.kittitianhill.com
Belle Mont Farm Implements Guestware
Eva Chan Appointed Director of Sales of Belle Mont Farm on Kittitian Hill, St. Kitts
Please login or register to post a comment.