Cancun, Mexico (July 24, 2014) - The Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is pleased to announce an 11 percent increase in visitors between January and May, compared to the same time last year. This, coupled with a surge in hotel builds, renovations and rebrandings, should lead to a record breaking year, toping the 4.6 million visitors Cancun received in 2013.
Many of the destination's hotels are in the process of finalizing multi-million dollar renovations this summer and the upcoming winter season. Cancun has also seen a trend in rebrandings and new builds in the past few months, including family all-inclusive hotels and adults-only properties.
- The Club Med Yucatan: A $14 million renovation was completed in late June. The newly-enhanced hotel includes 60 new beachfront family accommodations, two redesigned and expanded restaurants, a new Petit Club Med children's club, and a trendy lounge.
- Riu Cancun: A million dollar renovation was completed this month and will feature upgraded restaurants, pools, guest rooms and a new theater.
- Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa: Once the Grand Oasis Viva, this new family-friendly, all-inclusive resort will open in September.
- The Royalton Riviera Cancun: Opening this winter, the family-friendly, all-inclusive resort will offer over 1,100 luxurious suites, Royal Spa, kids club, and more.
- Hyatt Ziva Cancun: Formerly the Dreams Cancun, the hotel will go through an $80 million renovation that will include 11 new pools, room upgrades, and the construction of an additional building that will increase the number of rooms from 380 to 500. Added amenities include fire pits along the boardwalk, beach butlers, and s'mores on the beach with bonfires and tents for kids. Renovations are set to conclude Fall 2015.
- Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres: Officially renamed and inaugurated on December 15, this property will offer a private marina with a 42-foot yacht that will transport guests between Cancun and Isla Mujeres, and offer luxury amenities like Bvlgari® products and Zoetry's Endless Privileges program.
Cancun continues to grow as a world-renowned destination and has expanded its tourism offerings, officially including the smaller destinations of Puerto Morelos, Isla Mujeres, Holbox and Contoy under the Cancun brand. With new and extended connections by top airlines like Air Canada rogue, Southwest, Alaska Airlines and Delta, it is now easier than ever to enjoy Cancun's extensive offerings.
Mexico's No. 1 tourist destination, Cancun is known all over the world for its spectacular beaches, unique beauty, breathtaking turquoise waters, and colorful culture. Cancun is located in the northern part of the southeastern Mexican state of Quintana Roo between Nichupte Lagoon and the stunning Caribbean Sea.
Cancun's product includes the destinations of Puerto Morelos and the islands of the Mexican Caribbean, which comprise of: Isla Mujeres, Holbox and Contoy. Cancun is a multifaceted destination that combines the very best in luxury, nature, Mayan culture, glamour and world-class amenities with seductive adventure offerings and an up-and-coming gastronomy scene.
For more information, visit the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau website at: www.cancun.travel. Follow us on Twitter @CancunCVB, "LIKE" us on Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/cancuncvb browse through our videos on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/user/cancuntravel and share your pictures of Cancun on our Flickr site at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22572360@N07/ and on Instagram at @VisitCancun.
Contact: Newlink Communications - Paula Gomez
[email protected] /