News for the Hospitality Executive
PHILADELPHIA, November 7, 2012 – Just one year after the launch of the Verifi™ bed bug detector, more than 500 pest management companies now use the devices to detect bed bugs across the country. Hotel operators use Verifi because it provides discreet and ongoing bed bug detection, without having to take rooms out of service. This means a hotel can change its bed bug strategy from reactive to proactive, and find bed bugs before they become a costly infestation.
Philadelphia-based FMC Corporation, manufacturers of Verifi, offers the following tips for hotels looking to use Verifi:
1. Find Verifi. Consult with a licensed pest management company that has experience using Verifi. If you don't have a pest management company, visit the National Association of Pest Management's web site at http://www.pestworld.org. If you use internal pest control staff and need training, contact your local FMC market specialist via http://www.fmcprosolutions.com.
2. Determine protocols. Work with your pest management company to determine the best protocol for your hotel. Even though bed bug foraging patterns usually center around headboards, a pest control company will know how many devices should be used per room and where they should be placed. This may include behind sofas and tables, behind curtains and in closets.
3. Install correctly. Help your pest management professional by making sure walls are clean and free from dust and debris before installation.
4. Alert housekeeping staff. After determining a protocol with your pest management company, determine the level of involvment of your housekeeping staff. Verifi can help reduce inpection time because staff need only look at the device, not mattresses and linens. Staff should not touch, spray, clean or remove the devices but they can alert pest control staff if they spot bed bugs in or on them. Be sure to teach housekeeping and other maintenance staff how Verifi operates by showing them the video on www.verifibedbug.com.
5. Add Verifi to your 2013 capital budget. Once you purchase Verifi from a pest management company, the devices can be used for years. Your pest management professional can then inspect the units and recharge the lures as part of their routine service contract.
By making Verifi a capital purchase—the same as any other hotel room feature—you put a bed bug prevention system in place that can help reduce overall pest management costs because infestations are found while they are small and easy-to-manage, and because treatments are performed only when bed bugs are detected.
For more information, visit www.verifibedbug.com.
About FMC Corporation
FMC Corporation is a diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial, environmental and consumer markets globally for more than a century with innovative solutions, applications and quality products. In 2011, FMC had annual sales of approximately $3.4 billion. The company employs approximately 5,500 people throughout the world, and operates its businesses in three segments: Agricultural Products, Specialty Chemicals and Industrial Chemicals. For more information, visit www.FMC.com.
Always read and follow label directions. FMC and Verifi are trademarks for FMC Corporation. © 2012 FMC Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
|For more information contact:
1735 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Catherine Bernard, Catherine.email@example.com
Debbie Clayton, Debbie@claytonhimes.com
Stacey Himes, Stacey@claytonhimes.com
in Bed Bug Detection Debuts; Groundbreaking technology offers
long-term, proactive monitoring of bed bugs / November 2011