As one of the first Hilton Hotels & Resorts® hotels to begin its renovation as part of the brand’s overall global repositioning, the updated design of the Concord hotel will create a gracious sense arrival for its guests. The Hilton Concord will also provide creative solutions to improve the ease in doing business while creating an exciting new destination for travelers, local residents and businesses in the Walnut Creek - Concord area.
The hotel will incorporate elements of the brand’s new earthy design palette of blues, browns, and beige hues into its overall aesthetic. Embracing the Elements is part of the renovation philosophy focusing on sustainability. The hotel will feature U.S. made products as well as eco-friendly products and services to the greatest extent possible.
“We are excited about how this renovation will not only enhance each of our guests’ travel experience, but also because of the positive economic and environmental impact it will have on the City of Concord,” says Jack Hlavac, General Manager. “We have made a conscious effort to employ local companies and to buy sustainable products that are made in the United States.”
As part of its overall goal to enhance the guest experience, the Hilton Concord has already completed several upgrades to the property, including the following:
- The building exterior has been repainted creating a fresh look that embraces a regional color palette and enhances local design and architecture. Once standard beige, the hotel now adds color to the Concord skyline with its new coat of deep Amber and bright cachet cream paint.
- Each of its 325 guestrooms now features 42” high-definition Panasonic LCD televisions and each of its six suites has received 55” Panasonic LCD televisions. The guestroom channel line-up features numerous HD channels as well as Digital music channels. Additionally, the new HD TV’s offer connectivity options for guests with laptops, smart phones, and other consumer electronic devices.
- TOTO Eco 1.28 gallon flush toilets have been installed into each of its guest bathrooms. The new toilets use water more efficiently and minimize noise with a quieter flush and hydraulic comfort seats.
- A significant portion of the hotel lighting, both in guest rooms and public spaces, will be converted from standard CFL lighting to ultra-efficient LED bulbs.
- The hotel has also switched its bottle water service to a local bottle water resource facility, Private Springs Water, to minimize its carbon footprint and to continue its on-going effort to support and utilize local businesses.
About the Hilton Concord Hotel
The Hilton Concord Hotel is located at the center of San Francisco's East Bay, conveniently located 30 miles from Oakland Airport, and 40 miles from San Francisco Airport. The hotel provides an array of travel-friendly amenities including wireless internet access, in-room dining, concierge services, free parking, a smoke-free environment, and 19,000 square feet of function space, and offers 11 floors with 331 guest rooms and six suites.
The Hilton Concord Hotel is owned and operated by Interstate Hotels & Resorts (www.ihrco.com), the nation’s largest independent hotel management company. To learn more about the Hilton Concord, please visit www.Concord.Hilton.com.