“We are ecstatic to have Chef Adrian on board as our executive chef. His experience is second to none,” said Brent McLean, vice president of sales and marketing. “Brasada Ranch was the first newly constructed resort development in the U.S. to receive a gold LEED rating, and Chef Adrian’s commitment to minimizing our environmental footprint and bringing delicious, fresh, organic foods to our guests further defines our resort’s dedication to sustainability.”
Carpenter will create daily menus using the best local ingredients available, embracing the Brasada Ranch philosophy of living off the land.
About Adrian Carpenter
Carpenter brings more than 15 years of culinary and restaurant management experience to his new position at Brasada Ranch. He has trained under several James Beard Award-nominated chefs and honed his skills at nationally recognized establishments, including Jardiner in San Francisco and Montagna at The Little Nell Hotel in Aspen, Colo. Carpenter most recently served as sous chef at Ute City, also in Aspen. A gastronomic explorer, Carpenter has done extensive culinary research on trips through southeastern France, northern Italy and Oaxaca, Mexico. He is a graduate of Johnson and Wales University.
To underscore his simple and flavorful preparations, Carpenter will develop daily menus based on local ingredients. Carpenter is charged with establishing partnerships with local farms that raise their animals in a healthy, humane and natural manner, and grow their crops using organic practices. These partnerships complement the resort’s commitment to sustainability.
As the executive chef at Brasada Ranch, Carpenter will be responsible for the resort’s many dining options, including:
- RANGE Restaurant and Bar: features a bar created from hand-hewn wood, Cascade views and a creative, locally inspired menu.
- The Ranch House: offers a comfortable, casual environment outfitted with lounge chairs, a roaring wood fireplace and communal-style seating where guests can enjoy a menu of small plates, salads, sandwiches, flatbreads and pizza prepared in the hearth oven. The Ranch House also stocks take-out items like coffee, meals and gourmet snacks.
- The Outpost: serves the resort’s golfers as they make the turn and is quickly becoming known for its signature “Burger Dog” – a well-seasoned hamburger made of grass-fed beef, sprinkled with cheese, topped with special sauces and served in a hot dog bun.
- Sundance: the resort’s café at its Athletic Center, where the menu features lighter, poolside fare, including sandwiches, salads and signature cocktails like frozen margaritas and piña coladas.
- Banquets and Catering: available throughout the resort’s many venues, including more than 7,000 square feet of indoor meeting and events space as well as limitless outdoor areas surrounded by the beautiful Central Oregon high desert and Cascade mountain views.
Brasada Ranch, a Preferred Hotel & Resort located 16 miles northeast of Bend, Ore., is an unparalleled luxury resort woven into 1,800 acres of Powell Butte, Ore., offering some of the most inspired views in Central Oregon. Brasada Ranch features 80 high-end cabins, eight suites, an 18-hole golf course designed by PGA TOUR professional Peter Jacobsen and Jim Hardy, a full-service spa, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a state-of-the-art equestrian center and a farm-to-table restaurant and culinary program featuring local ingredients prepared by Chef Adrian Carpenter. Brasada Ranch was the first newly constructed destination resort in the U.S. to receive a gold rating from the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). For more information, visit www.brasada.com.